Mason Mount (Chelsea) - Late

Word count: 1290
Requested? Nope
Warnings: fluff

Mason walked about the house picking up his training stuff. His boots, his jumper, his muscle massager, the usual. He was trying to get everything done early so there was less room for error. The day before, he'd forgotten most of his stuff which of course got him a telling off from the various coaches throughout the day. He didn't want to put them through the hassle of finding spare stuff for him again so he got up extra early and made up his training bag.

Y/n was upstairs just waking up. She frowned as she didn't feel the usual weight beside her and turned to investigate, seeing just a curve of where her boyfriend was laying. She flicked the covers off and went downstairs, deciding to go to the wash room first to put the laundry in the dryer because let's all be honest here, Mason probably "forgot". She put put through one by one. T-shirt, hoodie, hoodie, jeans, t-shirt. The last thing were a pair of dark blue shorts of which belonged to Mason. When he came home yesterday, he simply kicked them off and left them on the floor of the bedroom so, being a nice girlfriend, Y/n decided to have them washed for him. To her surprise, she saw her boyfriend pacing around frantically searching for something. "Mase? You okay?" She asked, catching Mason off guard. "Oh good morning, darling. I didn't wake you, did I?" Y/n shook her head and folded her arms watching as he continued on looking for something. "What are you looking for?" She was now walking towards him. "My shorts. I can't find them anywhere." He replied. "Would shorts not be in your drawer?"

"I looked there first. Can't find any." Her face turned into one of confusion. "Are these shorts a dark blue?" Mason nodded. "Yeah, do you know where they are?" He said, the sound of hope in his voice evident. "Yeah, you threw them on the bedroom floor yesterday after training so I threw them in the wash." Mason covered his face with his hands and slowly stepped towards her and hugged her. "You're an angel but I really needed them." He whined. "Shouldn't have left them on the ground then." She scoffed, coming out of his grasp and leaving to get a tea. "What's that supposed to mean?" Mason followed her into the kitchen. "I mean don't just throw shit about. I will more than likely move it." She replied, opening the fridge. "Why should you move it?" He asked. "Why should I live in a pigsty?" She grabbed a spoon and began eating some yoghurt. "I'm just saying, since I now also live here, you have to think about throwing just at your arse."

"Yeah but I was obviously gonna move them." He protested. "Then why did you only start to look for them now?" He couldn't find a reply to her question. "I don't have time for this. I'm just gonna go pack my bag and try hair dry the shorts. If they're not dry, they're not dry." He stormed off. "I already have them in it! We have a dryer you know!" She muttered. "I don't know how to use it!" He whined. "Mason!" He chuckled at her reaction. "Only joking! Don't get your knickers in a twist." He winked and off he went to finish packing his bag. As Y/n began to eat her yoghurt, an idea sprang to mind. What if she hid the shorts? As Mason slowly but surely made his way up the stairs, Y/n tip toed toward the stairs and up to the wash room. She opened the door and walked towards the dryer. She took out the shorts. They were still warm from the dryer. She then slowly made her way to the hall only ro be stopped by a confused looking Mason, holding a Chelsea duffle bag. "Oh you got them." Mason sauntered up to his girlfriend to try reach for them, only to find her taking steps back. Confused, he looked at her. "What are you playing at?" He asked gently. A wild grin appeared on her face. "Catch me if you can." And so, she took off in a sprint down the stairs. "Baby, I haven't got the time for this! I'm gonna be late again!"

For the next hour, Mason ran about looking for Y/n and more importantly his shorts. If he didn't find them, he'd have to wear his joggers and in the heatwave that England was in, he really didn't want to do that. Y/n was outside for a good twenty minutes, just peeping in through the window to giggle every so often, knowing fine rightly Mason wouldn't check outside. Mainly because she opened and closed the door so quietly, he probably didn't notice. However, she got bored. Kind of a big mistake. She knocked on the window and before she could duck down, Mason was looking at her. "Oi! Get back here now!" He called, sprinting towards the front door. This gave Y/n only a matter of seconds to run before Mason would be after her. He was much quicker admittedly so she had to think quick. Oh where to hide, where to hide. Bingo. She quickly ran around the back and opened the back door, locking it behind her and then running back upstairs to Mason's gaming room. She quickly scavenged around the shelves and drawers to find a place but nothing, nowhere would be a good enough hiding place. This only lasted a matter of minutes though.

Just as she thought she found the perfect place, she felt a pair of hands grip her waist. "No!" She giggled as Mason grabbed hold on the shorts. "I found you, now give them here!" Mason laughed back. Both tugged at the pair of shorts until they both heard a small rip. They both stopped, staring at eachother blankly. "That better not have been my shorts." Mason mumbled. Y/n let go and took off again, an innocent smile set upon her lips. "Nah, you're in for it now!" Mason began running after her throughout the house. It was as if Tom and Jerry came to life. The laughs could be heard all over the house. They echoed and bounced off every wall. It was like a core memory in the making.

Y/n found herself cornered back in the bedroom. She had no place to run. She turned and felt a heavy body engulf her and drop to the bed. Mason tickled Y/n's sides and peppered her in kisses, giving close to no room for breathing. She laughed, kissing him back as she tried to stop him tickling her. "Mason!" She squealed, erupting in giggles. "Say sorry! I have to go get new shorts now!" She couldn't even speak. She was so overcome with laughing. Eventually, he stopped amd just lay beside her. The laughing died down and they lay in eachother's arms, taking eachother's features in. "You're so angelic." He whispered, caressing her soft cheek. Y/n smile softened. "As much as I'd love for us to continue this, you said you had training to get to." Mason whined. "You have me all to yourself when you get back. Come on." Mason groaned as he sat up. He trudged toward the door. "Mase?" His head didn't bother turning back. "You have me all to yourself after training." He didn't need to see her to know how she meant it and she didn't need to see him to know he had a stupid boyish grin on his face. "Hurry on back, won't you?" She asked. "Oh you know I will."