Chapter 5

Amity climbed out of bed and followed her. "Sure, that would be great." Luz nodded and got to work. Amity sat at the table and watched the girl. Once Luz was done, she sat the plates on the table, and they began to eat in silence. "Wow, this is actually pretty good." Amity asked in surprise, Luz decided to take offense.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" Luz asked in a fake hurt voice, Amity's face showed guilt.

"I'm sorry, it's just better than Emira's, and I didn't know that was even possible." Amity asked, trying to make the human feel better.

"I was just playing around, Amity, it's okay. My mom taught me how to make the eggs, instead we use chicken eggs in the human world." Luz explained, her mother was a great cook.

"The human world sounds odd." Amity said, looking down at her food and taking another bite.

"Maybe it won't be so odd if I showed you around someday." Luz said, Amity looked up at her and smiled with a little blush on her cheeks.

"That would be amazing, are there other humans your age?" She asked, Luz nodded. "Oh, were you close to any of them?" she asked, trying to keep the jealousy out of her voice. She didn't like the thought of Luz hanging out with other girls, of course she wouldn't say anything about that though. She didn't want to come off as controlling, like her mother. She didn't want to be like her mother.

"No, the only person who liked me in the human world was my mom. No one just understood me in the human world. You know how I used to be in high school, people thought I was weird, so they gave me a wide berth." Luz explained. Amity did remember Luz in high school, she's changed a lot since then. To be honest, Amity really liked how Luz was, she was goofy and always made the people around her laugh. That's just what truama dis to people, it makes them grow up too fast.

They ate in silence once again and once Amity finished her food, Luz brought up the question. "Does your parents hurt you, physically?" Luz was nervous and didn't want to make Amity mad. She didn't know if it was too personal, but she had to know that Amity was safe when she wasn't with her.

"Yeah...Mostly my mom though, my dad is never home so he isn't there to do anything, but when he is home, he stands up for me and takes some of the most aggressive hits, so I don't have to feel them. My mom has always hated me because I didn't look like her, so that means that I am damaged. She loves the twins though because they had green hair and dark yellow eyes. I have brown hair with light yellow eyes, I'm different and my mom doesn't like it. Anyways, it wasn't so bad when I was little, but ever since I started to fight back, it's gotten much worse." She pulled her turtleneck down and showed Luz the handprints along her neck.

"She choked you?" Luz asked, her voice cracking with emotion. She thought she had it hard, Amity had it a whole lot worse. "I'm so sorry Amity, if you want you could stay at the Owl House with me. Eda won't mind and you can sleep in my room, I don't mind and King loves you already, of course he would never tell you that but he tells me." Luz said, Amity shook her head.

"No, I don't want to bring you into this. My mother would report you guys to the Emperor's Coven and then you would both be in jail, maybe even turned to stone. Well Eda would be stone, then your little brother, King, wouldn't have anyone left. You guys are the only people he has in his life that loves him more than life itself." Amity explained, she was right. Luz still didn't want to just sit around while this happened to her. She wanted to do something, maybe she would report it to Raine, they would be able to do something.

"You should tell the Raine - they're a coven head so they could do something about it. If your mother got put to jail then your father would get cusody of all of you, so you won't go to complete strangers. Eda and Darius could help him get on his feet so you could have a proper home and WPS wouldn't have anything to use against him." Luz explained, the plan started to make sense so it could actually work. All Amity had to do was get on board with the plan and report it to Raine. 

"If it happens again, then I will do it. I have to tell the twins first, so they know where I am. They may not visit, but they still like to know where I am." Amity explained. Luz sighed, she didn't want to wait for it to happen to her again, but she didn't want to push Amity. 

"Okay, promise?" Luz asked her and held out her pinkie, Amity giggle a little bit and wrapped her pinkie around the humans. "Alright, why don't we have some fun?" Luz asked, Amity blushed but nodded.