Chapter 13: Nezu's Theories

"Why did you do that?" Aizawa asks.

"Do what?" Nezu playfully replied.

Aside from Izuku and the other child, only Aizawa and Nezu was left on the room. Inko and the Bakugo's has left to rest for the night ( practically dragging Inko back with them).

"That offer, you're planning something. What is it?" Aizawa crouched down to Nezu's level.

"Whatever plan could I possibly create, Aizawa? I only wish to help. Nothing beats the feeling of being able to lend a paw. HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Aizawa couldn't careless no matter how Nezu laughs maniacally, what sends him to his nerves is that he can never read the rat's mind. He never know what it plans to do until he's done it. All he has against the chimera is his trustworthy guts.

"Tell me, why are you so interested in this child?" Aizawa persists.

Nezu thinks about it for a while. He turned to look at the pair on the other side of the glass wall. As he does, he hands over some folders to Aizawa. Who knows where it came from ot where he hid it.

The papers inside the folders contains the results of their medical examination and personal informations. Under Izuku's name on the medical file, there was the section for his quirk(s).. Which was unusually long. The kid has a shocking amount of quirks in his body. What's more shocking to top it all off was that on his personal info file, he was listed as quirkless.

"What's this? Quirkless? Yet he has this many quirks?! This is not possible!" Aizawa exclaimed as he looked through the papers.

"Fascinating, isn't it? To think that the villains managed to create something like this. And to think his body actually endured and is able to hold and utilize this many quirks..."

"....Are you planning on turning him into a subject for your own personal study?"

"I would very much love that idea but I can't possibly do that now, can I" Nezu snickers.

What a demon, really.

"Aizawa, you do know that the first child to born with a quirk was born during the third war, right?"

"Of course. What does that have to do with this?" Aizawa questions.

"That child's quirk was called "Hope" because of how bright his hair shone in the night and how supernatural his ability to heal was. Somehow, the child led on to stop the war when he grew up. Then, the new era of being born with a quirk started."

"Right, everyone tells that story during bedtime."

"Soon, most children had quirks the moment they were born. It was the golden age for heroes and also the start of the appearance of villains. Unfortunately, the golden age only lasted for a century. Generations born after either were born with a quirk or had to wait for their quirks to manifest."

"I don't understand why you're suddenly giving me a history lesson."

Nezu looks at Aizawa.

"Unfortunately, this led on to a massive change on the society that people used to know. Quirkless people became the new minority and was often discriminated and treated badly."

"..." Aizawa simply listens to the chimera.

"What if I tell you that quirks isn't entirely based on genetics. Quirkless people aren't quirkless because they happened to receive the recessive genes or draw the short end of the stick, and people don't have similar quirks just because they're somewhat related."

"*sigh* and what are you getting at exactly?"

Nezu walks around the room as he continued to ramble.

"The first meta-human was born out of the desparate wish of his mother to stop the war after her husband lost his eyes during the war."

"...I didn't knew that happened."

"Of course, a lot of people aren't aware of what happened before the spotlight. But the main point here is that the quirk the first meta-human possesed was deeply derived from the desperate wish of his mother."

"... Or it could be from the disease carried by mice."

Nezu pauses and looks at Aizawa again. "....while that may be a possibility, it wasn't fully proven. The main reason of the appearance of quirks is still unknown at the moment."

Nezu continues on, "But then, there's also the possibility that the quirk a person may possess greatly depends to their wants and needs. If you've noticed, during the last drought, the babies and children who were born/awakened their quirks possesed more plant-based and water-based quirks. This isn't just merely coincidence as well, everything is recorded through statistics."

"..."

"...Come to think of it, didn't your parents desperately wanted to get rid of quirks, Aizawa?" Nezu snickers.

"Please leave outsiders out of this. And do NOT ever call those scumbags my parents." Aizawa glared menacingly, his eyes showing hints of red.

"Of course, I apologize of that." Nezu smiles innocently, as if he didn't just leave that comment moments ago.

"You must be familiar of Quirk Awakenings too, right? It happens when a person with quirk undergoes near-death experiences causing their quirk to awaken and evolve."

"and?"

"Only selected few in the association knows this but there used to be a study about quirkless individuals forcibly manifesting a quirk through quirk awakening..."

"..."

"...You're aware that I came from unknown origins don't you? Well.. Now you know. I trust that what's said in this room stays in this room, right?"

Aizawa gulps but it's not like he can't keep a secret. He nods to Nezu.

"...the research was shut down and everything in it, including most subjects, were eliminated. The records are burned.. The people were silenced, not a single trace was left."

"So then, this left me wondering. Where in the world did Izuku Midoriya come from?"

Nezu was back to his position beside Aizawa.

"But then, LOV attacked. With them, a Nomu was found, bought into the lab and studied. Then, we find out that despite it's grave consequences, Quirks can be gained. With some genetic engineering and a LOT of life-threatening surgeries, it IS possible to have another quirk."

Nervous and speechless, it took Aizawa a moment to respond. "...Why are you telling me this?"

"That's because Izuku Midoriya and the child beside him are incredibly special. We CANNOT let them be taken back by the villains. If they go to the wrong hands, it won't end well for us."

"Are you saying what you're going to do is good?"

"Oh no, what I'm doing could be good to some and bad for others.. But just know that I'm doing the right thing."

After a lot of contemplating, Aizawa sighed.

"Leave problem child out of this. I'll look after the kid even at night."

Nezu grasped his ha— paws together. "Of course! I knew you would understand me, Aizawa!"

'I definitely don't and won't.' Aizawa thought to himself.

"Meanwhile, have you noticed the kid beside Izuku Midoriya?" Nezu added. "She has been staring at us for quite a while. She never bilnked, not even once."

Aizawa looked at the girl beside Izuku who wore an expression of seriousness. Her eyes were alert as it followed their movements like a hawk. While Izuku held her securely on his lap, protected by his wings while he laid unconscious, the girl kept watch of everything.

"Do you think she understood us?" Aizawa asks.

The girl slightly leans forward.

"I think she did." Nezu answers briefly with a small chuckle at the end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fun fact, I bullshitted so much in this chapter that I dreamed about it.