14 - Happy Now?

The weeknd came quickly and it made it even easier to mess with the two brothers. You haven't told anyone yet about the news of you with the Haitanis though you know Hanma already knew.

Despite being mean and a bully to the brothers, they weren't all that bad to you and seemed like they genuinely wanted you to be their sister or like they want a sister in general and you just happened to be the only offspring of their soon to be stepmother.

"Heads up!" Ran shouts, tossing a bag of chips to Rindou who caught it easily before tossing a similar bag to you.

The two of them decided to watch a movie and dragged you into the living room with them. It was a slasher movie and Rindou kept snickering about how the characters were so dumb that they deserved to die. You kind of agreed with him.

The three of you were laid on top of the couch that was arranged to make a big bed, something only rich kids like them would have in their homes. A large blanket was over your figures, you in the middle with the brothers on either side of you.

The next movie was scarier since it wasn't a slasher and Rindou had no shame in being the one to scream the loudest whenever there's a jumpscare. You would put chips in his mouth each time he opened it wide enough and he would choke on it a little before finally swallowing.

"You're so mean." Rindou mutters, glaring at you for a moment before returning his eyes on the huge tv screen. "How could you be so mean to your new brother?"

You scoff and roll your eyes. They're really taking the news of your mother and his father getting together so well. Aren't they afraid that your mom's just a gold digger?

"Don't talk like that, Rin. She's just having a hard time adjusting, that's all." Ran cooed, pinching your cheek as if he sees you as a six-year-old. "So cute."

"Stop that." You slap his hand away and tell them to focus on the movie which they did.

After a few more movies, the three of you had fallen asleep and somehow you got buried under their bodies. Rindou had his lower torso on your back while Ran got flipped while sleeping and his foot somehow laid on top of your head while the rest of his body was over yours.

Mr. Haitani was the one who found you three sleeping like that and even took several photos to develop later. He was happy about you three getting along so well despite the mock fights and bickering, mostly from you. But he understood you. It wasn't easy to just move on from someone you looked up to like a father so he wasn't gonna pressure you into seeing him as a father figure but he will still do his duties as the man of the household. Well, soon anyway. He plans on marrying your mother next month and it's enough time for you to bond with your new family.

When you woke up under what you thought were dead bodies by how heavy they were, you screamed your throat off and even then they didn't wake up. You already lost your voice after a few minutes of finally getting out from under the pile and went to your temporary bedroom in their house or mansion or whatever.

You did your routine of getting ready and went down to get something to eat and drink. The brothers were still asleep by the time you finished your food so you decided to mess with them before relaxing out in their garden by tying Rindou's wrists to Ran's ankles and vice versa.

After doing so, you went to the garden and found a shaded spot by the biggest tree there and laid back on the trunk. You watch the clouds slowly move across the sky and wonder where your life will be in a few years. You can't even clearly imagine your future now and that somewhat scared you a little. There's also a bit of excitement in not knowing and all you can really do at the moment is hope for the best.