8 - For Now

Though your mother has never said it out loud, she always felt awkward whenever Shuji visits. Shuji looks so much like his dad that whenever she sees him, she just leaves the room he is in.

This never bothered Shuji and continued to visit you whenever he can. He just can't bear to part with you and there's also the fact that he doesn't want you to be left alone with Kisaki or any other guy that might make a move on you. Every guy was a threat, really.

As for you, you were already getting over the fact that the Hanmas will no longer be living with you and your mother. It has been nice having them around but if parting ways like this would benefit both sides then you were alright with it.

Takuya has started talking to you again and you would have liked it if it weren't for the fact that he has been persistent on fixing things with you even though you've told him you two should just stay friends. You didn't want to hurt him any further so you let him do whatever he wanted.

You genuinely like Takuya, you were even willing to jump out your window to meet up with him in secret. You just didn't want to string him along since you knew you were still confused about your feelings for Shuji.

"Hi."

You look up from your table and saw Takuya sit on the empty seat in front of you, snacks in hand. He places them on your table and gives you a pat on the head, something he started doing the day after you allowed him to court you.

"Taku, you don't have to buy me snacks." You say with a sigh. "I can pay for my own food and drink."

"I know but I just want to have an excuse to see you." He spoke softly, his hand going down to your cheek. "Don't you want to see me during break?"

"It's nothing like that." You tell him with another sigh, taking ahold of his hand. "You should be studying and the money you spend for me should be spent on yourself."

Takuya sighs and props his head on his arms, looking at you from your desk. Whether you're happy, sad, or mad—he always liked looking at you. But his favorite would be whenever you're annoyed with him. He finds it cute the way you would scrunch your nose and glare at him.

You felt your heart skip a beat, seeing his soft eyes staring at you. It confused you even more about who you truly liked.

"Stop looking at me like that." You groan, covering his eyes with one of your hands but he only took it off and held it to his lips. "Takuya..."

"What? You always like it whenever I do this." He chuckles, rubbing his thumb gently against the back of your hand.

"Whatever." You mutter before looking away and pulling you hand back, ignoring the butterflies in your stomach.

As timid as Takuya is with other girls, he often flirts with you rather aggressively. This kind of flirting was only mild and you wonder why you haven't made him your boyfriend yet.

You jumped a little in your seat, hearing several knocks from a table nearby. You look up and saw Kisaki, his eyes fixated on Takuya's figure before he looks at you.

"Hanma's on his way here. I figured I should warn you two." He says, crossing his arms against his chest. "Why do I even bother with this?"

Takuya's smile drops and it's now replaced with a frown. He didn't like how he had to hide from Hanma again but you still insist since you didn't want him to get into trouble. Takuya's a sweet person and seeing him get hurt because of you would be terrible. He understands that. Takuya knew that if he wanted a chance with you, he had to play his cards carefully.

"I'll call you later, okay?" He says before kissing your forehead and leaving.

A minute after he left, Shuji arrives with some snacks of his own to share with you. He smiles widely at you and he places the snacks on your table, eyebrows meeting at the sight of the ones already there.

"Shuji, what are you doing here?" You ask him, sneaking a glance at Kisaki who eyed you before sitting on the table beside him.

"What, I can't visit my princess?" Shuji replies with a smirk. "Didn't you miss me? Because I certainly missed you."

"Don't be so flirty!" You whisper-yell at him while smacking his arm in a scolding manner. "The other students might think we're a thing!"

"And what's wrong with that?" Shuji rolls his eyes at this and leans against the chair lazily. "Our parents aren't even married and we met when we were already old enough to get a crush."

"That's not the point!" You say firmly. "It's still weird, even for me!"

Shuji frowns at this and he sits up properly, placing a finger under your chin to make you look at him in the eyes.

"You know the first time I ever laid my eyes on you...I immediately liked you. I told my dad but he said you were going to be like my sister...so I tried to see you as my sister. That didn't work because I keep falling in love with you every time I look at you."

"Shuji—"

"And now that I can freely show everyone how much I love you, I won't hold myself back." He whispers, his thumb brushing your cheek softly. "I don't care what everyone says. I just don't want to let go of you now that I can actually have you."

You sigh and thought how bad of a situation you are in. Shuji and Takuya are both so sweet towards you and they take care of you well. You couldn't help but compare them.

As a core memory pops up in your head, you immediately frown deeply and lean away from Shuji. You felt your stomach churning, your heartbeat increasing, and your eyebrows furrowing. They were both alike in a way but there was one thing Takuya had over him.

Takuya didn't try to make you jealous by fucking a girl's mouth.

"What's wrong, darling?" Shuji asks, concern clear in his tone. "Did I say anything to upset you?"

You held your tongue back and just shook your head before standing. "I think I'm gonna go to the restrooms."

You left before Shuji could say anything, the burning feeling of jealousy completely overtaking your emotions. Along the way to the restrooms, you bumped into someone and apologized.

After that, you focused on walking and immediately went inside the restrooms as soon as you were near enough. Luckily for you, the place was empty and you could freely think to yourself there without anyone judging you.

You stared at yourself in the mirror and asked yourself why Shuji could do those things with someone other than you while claiming to be in love with you. Is that even possible? You knew you two weren't exactly together—he wasn't your anything. He is free to do whatever he likes with other people but you still felt jealous.

After taking a few calming breaths, you walked out of the restrooms with a much clearer mind. You weren't going to think about it anymore and just focus on school. He can do whatever he wants and you can do whatever you want. Simple as that.

"T-Takuya...?" You stutter out, bumping into him as soon as you stepped out.

Takuya was frowning as he looks at you and without a word, he wraps his arms around you. For some reason, he could sense whenever you had a troubled mind and he wanted to at least give you some comfort. Because that's the only thing he can do for now.

________

I legit almost wrote an explicit scene here, forgetting that this is supposed to be a smut-free book. Maybe next time, Taku ;)