4 - Cuts and Bruises

You weren't able to stop Valhalla from fighting Toman.

Shuji told you to stay in the house but you still sneaked off and followed him. After almost thirty minutes of following him, you found yourself in the back of an abandoned mental hospital. The whole place gave you the creeps but a part of you oddly liked the place.

You were dressed in baggy clothes and had a hood up, a black mask covering the lower half of your face just to avoid getting recognized by anyone there. A lot of people were gathered to see the fight and some were notorious in their own places. You recognize some of them, others were probably new formed gangs.

"Tokyo Manji Gang!"

"Valhalla!"

You bit the insides of your cheek in anticipation. This was it. Someone is bound to get really hurt and it's all your fault. No, you shouldn't blame yourself. Why did Mikey have to accept the fight? He should have rejected it and paid no mind to whatever Shuji says to him.

Everything was happening way too fast, Valhalla charged forward and Toman did so as well. Shuji was grinning as he set his eyes on Takuya, his target for today.

They moved closer to one another and even from afar, you could tell that they were talking. Shuji's taunting grin was replaced with a serious look. Takuya glared up at him and clenched his fists at his sides.

You knew Takuya was no match for Shuji and so you were worried for him. Shuji raised a fist in the air and you held your breath, preparing yourself for what was about to happen. You were so sure that Takuya was gonna get it and knocked out.

However, what happened next shocked you. Right after Shuji punched him, Takuya still held on and landed a clean punch to Shuji's jaw and then a kick to Shuji's stomach. This made your heart stop for a moment, disbelief written in your eyes.

When Shuji fell on his back, that's when you snapped out of it.

"Shuji!" You yell, pulling your hood down and rushing to the two.

The others stopped fighting for a moment, turning to look at you before resuming. Toman was winning but all you could think of now was Shuji.

Takuya stepped back, his eyes wide at the sight of you. Hanma told him just before they fought that you already chose Hanma instead of him and that he already won. He was also told that you were waiting for Hanma back home, under his sheets.

"Shuji, are you alright? Do you feel lightheaded? Do you need to go to the hospital?" You ask worriedly.

Shuji's always been really strong so you weren't used to him getting beat up. He even fell on his back so the impact must have been great.

Looking around, you realize the fight has ended and Toman won. You were sad but at the same time you didn't really care which gang wins as long as no one gets really hurt to the point of dying.

"Valhalla lost, Shuji." You tell him.

"Valhalla might have lost but I won, darling." Shuji grinned, chuckling a little while he brought a hand up to cup your cheeks.

"What do you mean?" You ask in confusion.

"We had a bet." Takuya spoke up, looking at you sadly. "Whoever's name you call out first wins. But I didn't even know you were here. He said—"

"I didn't even know she followed me." Shuji cuts him off. "I won, fair and square."

"Why don't we let her choose?"

Takuya's suggestion made your eyes flicker back to his. You knew who you would choose and it hurt you a little that he was probably thinking you'd choose him over Shuji.

"Are you sure you want to hear her answer? I wouldn't want to hurt you any more, kid." Shuji laughed sarcastically. "Go ahead, darling. Tell him who you want."

Shuji was confident that you'd choose him and he definitely has the right to think that way. You were just kissing him last night.

"I-.." You sigh and look away from Takuya. "I'm sorry, Taku."

Hearing you say those words with his nickname hurt Takuya even more. But he knew he couldn't do anything about it. He didn't know what type of relationship you had with Hanma but he definitely didn't like it one bit. To him, Hanma was just manipulating you and you're probably just too blind to see that.

Later that day, you were sat in front of Shuji. He was grinning as you cleaned and treated his cuts and bruises, enjoying the sting every once in a while. His face was starting to creep you out but it made you blush too. You were starting to think that you might've gone crazy ever since you let him kiss you.

"C-Can you look away while I patch you up? Your stare is distracting." You mutter nervously.

All of a sudden, he takes on of your hands and places it on his chest. You could feel his heart racing under your palm and you couldn't help but think how his heart was matching yours at the moment.

"You make my heart race, darling." He whispers.

"S-So? You're probably just high on caffeine or candy—"

"I haven't drank anything with caffeine and I haven't ate any sweets."

"W-Whatever." You huff and look away, pouting a little.

"You make me want to kiss you right now."

Your eyes widened and you immediately slap his shoulder with your free hand. "You can't just say things like that out of the blue!"

"Hmm? Why not? It's the truth though." He tilts his head to the side a little. "Will you let me?"

"Huh? What?" You ask, absentmindedly.

"Will you let me kiss you again, darling?" Shuji whispers, bringing a hand to cup your cheek while the other still kept your hand pressed on his chest.

Shuji always, always asks you if you'll let him kiss you and every single time you tell him he can. You didn't expect him to be like this. You thought that once you give him permission the first time, he'll just do it the second or third or whatever without asking for permission again.

"Kiss me, Shuji." You breathlessly whispered and he did what you told him to do in an instant.

Shuji's lips perfectly molded with yours. It seems that he didn't have any plans of deepening the kiss so you decided to initiate it yourself. You could feel him smirk against the kiss, making your insides melt.

Your arms snaked around his neck and his hands settled on your waist, the two of you pulling each other until your bodies were pressed together. It was only four in the afternoon so you two still had hours before your mom or his dad comes back from work and that's why both of you were confident enough to suck each other's faces off in the living room.

The kiss heated up and you could tell that Shuji's hands were itching to touch you in places that he shouldn't. You smile at this. He's careful not to make you hate him and maybe that's why you were starting to fall for him.

"What the fuck are you guys doing?!"