11 - Your Name

You've been hanging out with Kisaki for more than a month now and because of that, he's been spending less time with Hanma. The two of you had gotten so close to the point where your worlds almost revolve around each other. He'd pick you up to go to uni and then drive you home after classes. On days that you didn't have anything going on, he'd be over at your house or the two of you would go out to have fun.

You felt comfortable with him. Kisaki Tetta felt like home. Kisaki doesn't really make your heart race or make your cheeks heat up, he just makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

There were no signs of Kisaki asking you out formally or officially. You thought that maybe he liked taking things slow or maybe he's content with what you two have now and didn't want to ruin it.

"This is for you," Kisaki says as he slides over your tray. "—and this is for me."

By now, Kisaki already knew what you liked eating. Sometimes, you feel like he knows you better than you do since there are times that you crave for things that you don't even know.

"Tetta."

"Hm?" Kisaki hums, eyes flickering to you.

You grin at him. "Thank you."

Kisaki scoffs and rolls his eyes, the corner of his lips curving upwards. "Just eat your lunch."

While eating lunch, your eyes caught a certain person and that person is Ellie. She was eating lunch with her friends and you unconsciously searched for a certain male with tall limbs.

Finally, you found him.

Hanma walked through the double doors together with Mikey and Draken. It surprised you that the three were together walking peacefully so you turn to Kisaki to find him already looking at the three's direction.

"Oh, right. I forgot to tell you." Kisaki muttered. "We ended Valhalla and Hanma joined Toman along with the others."

"Huh? Why?" You ask but Kisaki already sealed his lips shut.

The rest of the day went on and by the end of classes, you had already thought of a thousand possible reasons why Valhalla ended just like that only to be absorbed by Toman.

You searched for Kisaki by your door but couldn't find him so you pulled out your phone and saw that he had texted you. He had an emergency and left early so you had to go home on your own.

While walking along an empty hall, you felt someone grab your wrist and you were about to scream but that same person covered your mouth and pulled you into a room. Your heart was beating erratically and you felt like it was gonna come out of your chest when a familiar scent filled your nostrils.

Hanma Shuji

You were pulled in the janitor's closet by none other than Hanma Shuji, his arms wrapped tightly around you and his face buried in the crook of your neck. Shuji's scent was mixed with alcohol and cigarettes which explains why he's with you right now because if he was sober, he wouldn't be anywhere near you.

"Sh—Hanma." You corrected yourself as you didn't want to break down your own walls by calling him by his first name. "Stop this. Let go of me."

"No. I missed you, I miss you." Shuji whines, his hug getting tighter. "I don't like being away from you, I hate it even."

"We weren't even together, Hanma." You say, your eyebrows furrowing and your lips frowning. "You're just drunk, you don't even know what you are saying."

"Stop calling me Hanma. I'm Shuji. I'm your Shuji." He mumbles, burying his face into your neck even more. "Hanma sounds so cold, so distant."

You stay silent and closed your eyes, just enjoying his warmth as much as you can. After a few minutes, you finally gave in and turned around to hug him.

"Do you like him? Do you like Kisaki?"

Your mind instantly went to Kisaki Tetta and all the times you've spend with him. Do you like him? Do you like him more than Shuji?

"I've treated you badly." Shuji continues with a sigh. "I'm the worst. I don't deserve someone as good as you."

"Don't say that, Shuji." You spoke, your arms tightening around him.

"At least with Kisaki, I'll be at ease." He adds with a bitter smile to himself. "He will treat you better than I ever did."

Unfortunately, Shuji didn't say anything more to you before telling you to go out of the closet first. You had a lot to say but chose to stay silent because you thought you'd just annoy him or make yourself look pathetic.

The mixed signals he's been giving you were frustrating you and all you want now is peace. Still, you can't have that even if you do ignore him. Every little thing reminds you of him but there were times that you'd forget him and those times you were always with Kisaki.

Would it really be alright to focus on someone else?

It wouldn't be anything new. Hanma Shuji is not the only guy you have been with. Well, technically, you were never really together with him. He was just your almost.

But, usually, almosts are the ones that hurt more.

The next few days you tried to forget about Shuji. You haven't seen him around campus too and Kisaki seemed like he was avoiding mentioning Shuji's name. Ellie was the only one you noticed in campus and you two would just greet each other with a nod or a small smile.

Ellie sighs as she enters her apartment. Shuji was asleep on the couch, the covers on the floor after he kicked it off in his sleep. He has been sleeping there ever since that night she had to pick him up from a club. Shuji drank more after talking to you in the janitor's closet and Ellie had to rescue him.

Although she liked Shuji, she wasn't blind that he didn't really like her the way she hoped. Still, she didn't want to trouble him even more so she's just silently supporting him.

Sometimes, she'd feel bad for herself for staying beside someone who's inlove with someone else but she keeps trying to convince herself that maybe he'll change his mind one day and will finally focus on her.

Shuji never led her on, he never promised her anything. They even had an arrangement and she was just dumb enough to fall for him. It was hard not to. Shuji's her ideal man and he treats her well despite not being his girlfriend.

"I cooked dinner. You can just reheat it."

Ellie smiled to herself despite the small sting in her chest. Oh how bad she wanted to stop her feelings but he makes it hard for her to do so. He makes her fall harder with every little thing he does for her.

Seeing the dish Shuji cooked, her heart warmed even more. It was her favorite dish and it just happened to be yours too. After reheating it and eating dinner, Ellie walked over to where Shuji was. She sat by his side and traced his eyebrows and nose.

"Why can't you be mine?" She whispers with a sad smile.

"I am yours." Shuji replies with a smirk, his eyes still closed.

Ellie couldn't help but grin but the next thing that came out of Shuji's mouth made her heart drop to her stomach.

Your name. Shuji called her by your name.