6 - Arguments and Leaving

The words Kisaki told you rang inside your head as you laid on your bed, waiting for Shuji to get back from the store. Maybe you didn't actually like Shuji? You only started liking him when he kissed you and he does things that made your heart race but you have never had anyone do those things to you before so how could you know that you actually like him and not just the way he treats you?

If you were to meet someone else who does the exact same things that he does and you feel the same way, that would mean that you don't really like him. That's Kisaki's logic and you just don't know if you should actually have the same logic.

"I'm back!"

Shuji comes in your room, a plastic bag full of candies and chocolates in hand. He placed it on your bed and you almost instantly rummage through it.

"You bought me pads and tampons?" You ask in surprise, looking at him.

Shuji was red in the face but he played it off coolly. "Yeah, I don't know what type you liked so I got you a lot."

"And the chocolates and candies?"

"I read something online that sweets and chocolates helps relieve period pains or something. Stop asking me stuff and just say thank you!"

You chuckle at this and leaned up to kiss the tip of his nose, making him blush even more. "Thank you, Shuji."

Shuji laid with you on your bed and tried to sooth your "period pain" by softly rubbing your lower abdomen with his warm hand. It felt really nice and so you let him continue while you take little bites out of your chocolate bar.

"Are you feeling better now?" He mutters, his eyes closed and his chin on top of your head.

You merely hummed and placed the empty wrapper on your bedside table before shuffling towards his chest, snuggling closer to him and inhaling his scent. It was probably nearly midnight by now but your mom and his dad were still not home.

You wanted to ask him if he knew where they could have gone but then you heard the door open downstairs followed by a loud slam. Beside you, Shuji froze for a moment before he wrapped his arms tightly around you.

"I locked the door, don't worry." He whispers.

You didn't focus on what he said but rather the yelling coming from downstairs. For the first time in years, your mom and his dad seemed to be having a heated argument and a pretty loud one at that.

"Keep your voice down, the kids might hear us!"

"They are not kids anymore and they should know how much of a cheater you are!"

"I did not cheat, you are just too paranoid!"

"I am not paranoid! I saw you cheat with my own two eyes!"

"For the last time, I didn't cheat!"

"Get your fucking things and leave."

Your breath hitched at this and you immediately turn to Shuji who had a serious expression on his face. He probably already had an idea about this way before but just didn't tell you.

Loud, heavy footsteps came up as well as the sound of a door opening. Shuji slowly got up from your bed and your heartbeat starts to quicken its pace. The thought of him leaving with his father stuck inside your head.

To worry you even more, Shuji opens your door and steps out. He walks to their room and almost instantly, his father tells him to pack his things. You start to breathe faster and you quickly ran to the hall.

Shuji glances at you with blank eyes before walking into his room. You didn't want them to go, you didn't want Shuji to go. How did this even happen? Your mom and his dad were perfect for each other, as much as you hated to admit it. Shuji's dad could never cheat on your mom but she said he did and now they were going to break up.

After ten long years, they're just going to end it like this?

"Shuji..." You whisper as you entered his room, seeing him pack whatever he could.

Shuji stops for a moment and smiles at you. "Don't worry, everything will be okay."

No, nothing will be okay. Without them here, the house would feel dead and cold. You were regretting all the times you pushed him away now but regret won't make him stay.

Shuji finished packing, only bringing half of his clothes. He walks over to you and cups your face gently with his hands, warming your cheeks.

"Don't look at me like that, darling." He mutters, rubbing his thumb lightly against your skin. "We'll see each other very soon, I promise."

Even though you had doubt about it, you still nodded your head. Shuji's dad called for him to hurry up and meet him at front. You quickly planted a kiss on his lips before he went outside to follow his dad. You couldn't bear to see them go away and so you chose to stay in his room until you heard the car leave.

Remembering your mom, you walk downstairs and tried to find her but she was nowhere in the house. She wasn't upstairs or in the backyard, she must have left.

Sighing, you walk back into your room and locked your door. There was one person you thought to call but they weren't answering no matter how many times you tried to call them.

"Dammit, Takuya..." You cursed under your breath. It's your fault anyway that he's not answering. You've already chosen Shuji over him but you somehow hoped you could have stayed friends with him at least.

Staring blankly at the ceiling, you tried to keep yourself from thinking about what was happening. You'd like to pretend that Shuji and his dad are just going on a father and son trip for a few days and they'll come back and it'll all be fine again.

You hear tapping on your window and you immediately thought it was Shuji but when you drew the curtains, you saw it was actually Kisaki.

"Hanma told me what happened, he sent me here." Kisaki muttered as he climbed into your room after you opened the window. "He said you were probably alone."

"Do you know where they're gonna stay?" You ask, hoping that Kisaki did know the answer to that.

"No but I know they're staying at a hotel." He shrugged. "You want to go somewhere? Just to get your mind off of it."

You thought for a moment. Your mother probably won't be back any time soon and it was suffocating to stay inside the house anyway.

"Yeah, let me just change into something more...whatever."

You quickly gathered your clothes and changed in the bathroom since Kisaki was in your room. You see him patiently waiting by your door after you went out, already locking your windows again.

"Grab a coat, it's chilly outside." He mutters before stepping out of your room and into the hall.

You did as you were told before following him out, making sure you had your keys and phone with you as well.

From what you know, Kisaki has always just sat behind Hanma and never really drove for himself so you were surprised to see a motorcycle parked infront of your house.

"Don't worry, I know how to drive. I just don't like driving."

You slowly nodded and followed him to his motorcycle. He got on first and handed you a helmet similar to the one he puts on himself. After that, you hopped on and held onto his shirt.

Kisaki chuckled at this and grabbed your hands before wrapping them around his torso, bringing you closer to him.

"Hold on tight, I won't go slow."