12 - This is short

I've decided to finish this draft lol

___________

"Hey, Tetta."

Kisaki hums in response, his head turning to you with his eyes still glued on the pages of the book he was reading before slowly drifting over to you.

"What is it?" He asks when you didn't continue.

"I wonder what it would be like if we were dating." You say the thought out loud. "We're already so comfortable with each other. I'm curious if there's anything that will change."

"Why are you thinking like that all of a sudden?" He chuckles and closes the book in his hand before fully turning his body to you. "You've fallen for me, haven't you?"

"Nevermind, Kisaki." You grumble, rolling your eyes.

Looking away from him, you pout and busied yourself with your phone. Kisaki grins at your behavior and decides to tease you by pulling you into his arms, the book he was reading now abandoned beside him.

"Hey, why did you-"

"I told you to call me Tetta, you stubborn woman." He mutters under his breath, his arms tightening around you. "About what you said...."

You close your eyes and your cheeks heated up in embarrassment. "Forget about it! La, la, la-"

Kisaki turned your head towards his, his eyes looking at you intently. "Shut up or I'll make you."

You close your mouth and stare up at him, eyes wide open. Clearing your throat, you look away and he lets you. You shift uncomfortably in his arms but made no move to get away.

There was a long pause and you sat quietly for him to start talking, kind of afraid to even say a word though it somehow excited you of the possibilities of how he would shut you up.

"I don't think I've ever dated anyone so I don't know how to act if we ever start dating, to be honest." He spoke after some time, every word causing his chest to vibrate against your back. "I wouldn't want to do anything that would make you hate me."

"So, you do care for me?" You turn your head to his with a teasing grin, your finger now poking his cheek. "The cold and aloof Kisaki Tetta cares for little ol' me."

Staring down at you, Kisaki's face remains neutral with your teasing. He rolls his eyes and playfully pushes you away from him but you continue to tease him even more until he finally snaps and kisses your cheek, making you shut up in an instant.

"Did you just...?" You mutter, eyes wide in surprise.

"You were imagining things." He says, picking up his book and tapping the top of your head with it. "That's what happens when you don't sleep enough."

You purse your lips and glare at him before getting up only to slam yourself on top of your bed. Minutes later, Kisaki checked on you and saw you had fallen asleep. He was right about you not sleeping enough.

"I'm such an idiot." He mutters to himself as he watches you snore. "Why am I even torturing myself like this? Sooner or later, you and Hanma will find a way to get back to each other's arms anyway."

There was a moment of silence. He sits by your bed near your snoring face and tilted his head a bit as he stared. Kisaki didn't want to get attached to anyone and you knew that. He was confused as to why you would even bring up such a topic.

Sure, he liked you in his own way. Kisaki wasn't sure if it was the same as liking someone romantically but even if he did, he would be in denial. He can't let himself fall for his best friend's girl even though that said best friend is playing pretend with some other girl.

"....sakiii....."

Kisaki felt his ears and cheeks heat up at the sound coming out of your mouth. Sometimes he would wonder if you make him feel like you like him on purpose. In his eyes, you were not the type of girl that would trick someone for her own benefit. He likes that about you. He likes how you're an open book that he could read and still be surprised each time he rereads it.

"Fuck. Sorry, Hanma." He mumbles under his breath, realizing how much he likes you now.

But Kisaki didn't want to be the type to steal someone's girl. Hanma met you first and liked you first, Kisaki is certain that pole still likes you even now so you were off-limits.

At the same time, you were already with him. You were already with Kisaki, albeit not romantically yet. But still, with the way things are going, you two would get together at some point.

"When I ask her out and she says yes, she's mine." Kisaki nods to himself. But deep down he knew one day you will leave him and go back to Hanma.

That day will come and he'll be prepared. It might hurt him a lot but he wouldn't want to make you miserable just to keep you. When the time comes that he has to let you go, he will. But for now, you're his.

You open one eye and see an adorable sight. Kisaki had fallen asleep with his head laid on the side of your bed. Smiling to yourself, you bring a hand to his hair and played with the strands. Even in his sleep, he still looks troubled. It almost made you giggle but luckily you stopped yourself.

Taking his glasses off, you put it on the bedside table and styled his hair to your liking. He looks cute and mean at the same time. You traced his eyebrows, then his nose, then his lips. You've tasted his lips before but you've forgotten what they felt like.

To your surprise, Kisaki woke up and held your hand to keep the palm of your hand against his lips and with his eyes still closed, he pressed his lips to your palm to kiss it.

"You're a creep, you know? Watching someone sleep like that and touching them." He mumbles as he opens his eyes, his lips forming into a smirk.

You were still stuck on the fact he kissed your hand. The feeling in your stomach was all over the place and you could barely form a few words in your head. Kisaki left you speechless.

Seeing as you were frozen in place, Kisaki gently pulled you onto his lap and held your chin as if he was about to kiss you.

"Hey, why are you being all silent? What's wrong?" He asks, concern written all over his face. "I'm sorry, did I startle you?"

You slowly got back to your senses, shaking your head in response and just hugged him. What if you were meant to be with Kisaki Tetta and that's why fate decided to let you meet Hanma Shuji? Maybe this is why Kisaki felt safe and Hanma felt like....like....you had no idea how you could fit everything you felt about him in one word.

Maybe...just maybe...you were meant to be where you are right now. In Kisaki's arms, loved and cared for.