17. February 16th. Friday.

Journey POV.
we went to First Watch. Chase got coffee. the kids went with some friends. Emma went to see a play date with Josh's little girl. we just have Mae. I got A nice pairing of citrus hibiscus punch and a generous basket of gingerbread spice donuts. Chase got Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. I got Cinnamon Chip Pancake. then we went to Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse & Museum. then we went on The Sweetheart Trail. then we went to Don Vito's Italian Restaurant. we start with Mozzarella Sticks. then we got Garlic knots. Chase got Chicken Parmesan. I got Cheese ravioli with meatballs. we got some Cannoli. we talked to a couple of drivers then make a way to watch the Trucks at 3 pm for Qualifying. then at 4:35 pm its xfinity Practice. before I was walking around in the the Xfinity garage. I see Justin Sam Sammy and Brandon. I smile and said"what a cute picture of the best Xfinity team." Sam said"Mama please." Justin smile and hug me and said"how is every one since I saw you last." I smile and said"good most of them are rising hell in college and high school the little ones are just trying to make it in the family." Sam said"I'm not Chandler and I are the good older ones." Justin smile then Sammy said"Hey Ms Clifton." I said"no Jake this weekend I'm surprise." he smile and said"he is running after the Lady's this weekend." I laugh then Brandon said"Hey I'm Brandon." I smile and said"I know you are Brandon. its good to see you. even though I see you at the office." Justin laugh and said"Brandon its okay to be yourself around Journey. I thought you was good last year what wrong." Brandon said"I am its just Journey is the boss when Kelly or Dale Jr ain't here." Sammy said"I haven't thought of it that why." he was looking at me. I laugh and said"guys its alright y'all be yourself around me and we won't have a problem." Sam said"I need to go bye y'all." he looks around then kiss my forehead like always. Brandon said"why he do that." Justin said"you don't remember that Sam is her son." Brandon said"oh okay sorry." he had to go too. Sammy smile and said"I'll see you later Ms Clifton." I said"make sure you get to all your things this weekend or else." he smile and said"yes ma'ma." Justin said"poor boy. so how is working in the shop." I said"its good hard some days but I love it. just to let you know if you didn't know but your the oldest driver here and be an older brother not a father." Justin smile and said"of course I'll see you later." we said bye then I met up with Chase as he was up next was 5:35 pm for cup Practice. after we met up to go on Spencer Boyd pit box. then its 7:30 pm. Time for trucks at Daytona.
its the Fresh From Florida 250.
Starting Lineup.
1 Ty Majeski.
2 Johnny Sauter
3 Corey LaJoie.
4 Matt Mills
5 Tyler Ankrum.
6 Nick Sanchez
7 Daniel Dye
8 Tanner Gray.
9 Bayley Currey
10 Thad Moffitt.
11 Matt Crafton.
12 Taylor Gray.
13 Toni Breidinger
14 Codie Rohrbraugh
15 Dean Thompson
16 Jake Garcia
17 Stewart Friesen
18 Chase Purdy.
19 Bret Holmes
20 Rajah Caruth
21 Layne Riggs.
22 Grant Enfinger.
23 Jack Wood
24 Ben Rhodes.
25 Christian Eckes
26 Corey Heim
27 Stefan Parsons
28 Ty Dillon
29 Bryan Dauzat
30 Corey Roper
31 Spencer Boyd.
32 Mason Massey.
33 Timmy Hill.
34 Jason M White
35 Lawless Alan
36 Keith McGee
Green Flag.
Start of Stage one.
Jason White, Spencer Boyd, Ben Rhodes to the rear for unapproved adjustments.
LAP 1 Ty Majeski leads the field to the green from the inside with Johnny Sauter on the outside, Johnny Sauter gets the lead at the line on the outside.
LAP 2 Ty Majeski takes the lead back at the line on the inside with Johnny Sauter challenging on the outside.
LAP 3 Matt Mills runs 3rd but has a hood buckling, Johnny Sauter gets the lead back.
LAP 6 Christian Eckes got into the back of Matt Crafton getting him loose and starting a 13 car accident, that started around 10th, involving: Nick Sanchez, Grant Enfinger, Jake Garcia, Tanner Gray, Ty Dillon, Keith McGee, Lawless Alan, Layne Riggs, Matt Mills, Thad Moffitt, Stewart Friesen, Rajah Caruth, Matt Crafton.
LAP 7 Jason White, Grant Enfinger, Timmy Hill, Ben Rhodes, Matt Crafton, Layne Riggs, Matt Mills, Tanner Gray pit, Matt Mills uncontrolled tire, Lawless Alan too many men penalty.
LAP 13 Johnny Sauter leads the field to the green from the outside with Ty Majeski on the inside, Johnny Sauter holds the lead.
LAP 14 Ty Majeski gets the lead on the inside.
LAP 16 Lawless Alan spins in turn 2 bringing out the caution due to a right rear tire, Tanner Gray free pass.
LAP 17 Daniel Dye, Stefan Parsons, Cory Roper, Nick Sanchez, Rajah Caruth, Codie Rohrbaugh, Spencer Boyd pit with others staying out.
LAP 20 Johnny Sauter leads the field to the green from the outside with Ty Majeski on the inside, Johnny Sauter holds the lead. Green with 1 lap to go in stage one, Majeski and Sauter run side by side for the stage win. Sauter is shoved clear off turn two with help from Currey. Johnny Sauter wins stage one at Daytona International Speedway.
LAP 21 Johnny Sauter wins stage 1.
LAP 22 Stewart Friesen free pass. 1 Johnny Sauter
2 Bayley Currey
3 Ty Majeski.
4 Tyler Ankrum.
5 Taylor Gray.
6 Bret Holmes
7 Jack Wood.
8 Christian Eckes.
9 Dean Thompson.
10 Corey Heim.
End of Stage one.
LAP 23 Ty Majeski, Tyler Ankrum, Christian Eckes, Corey Heim, Ben Rhodes, Toni Breidinger, Corey LaJoie, Grant Enfinger, Matt Crafton, Daniel Dye, Matt Mills, Rajah Caruth, Nick Sanchez, Stefan Parsons, Mason Massey, Jason White, Cory Roper, Spencer Boyd stay out with others pitting.
Start of Stage two.
LAP 27 Ty Majeski leads the field to the green from the outside with Tyler Ankrum on the inside, Tyler Ankrum to the lead.
LAP 32 Debris from Stewart Friesen brings out the caution. Sauter heads to the pit lane for tires. A few others join him. Green with 3 to go in stage two, Rhodes leads the outside lane. Eckes shoves Ankrum to the lead on the inside as the outside lane struggles to get going. 2 to go, caution for light rain. Tyler Ankrum wins stage two as it finishes under the yellow.
1 Tyler Ankrum.
2 Christian Eckes.
3 Matt Crafton.
4 Daniel Dye.
5 Ben Rhodes.
6 Ty Majeski.
7 Corey LaJoie.
8 Grant Enfinger.
9 Nick Sanchez
10 Corey Heim.
LAP 33 Johnny Sauter, Bayley Currey, Dean Thompson, Tanner Gray, Toni Breidinger, Matt Mills, Bret Holmes, Stewart Friesen pit with others staying out, Matt Mills had an improper driver assist penalty, Johnny Sauter over the wall too soon.
LAP 35 Taylor Gray, Johnny Sauter, #51, Toni Breidinger pit again.
End of stage two.
Start of stage three.
LAP 38 Tyler Ankrum leads the field to the green from the inside with Ben Rhodes on the outside, Tyler Ankrum holds the lead.
LAP 40 Mist brings out the red for 7:10, Keith McGee free pass.
LAP 41 Bret Holmes, #44, Bayley Currey, Stewart Friesen, Jason White, Mason Massey stay out with all others pitting, Jason White drove through too many boxes on exit, Ty Majeski was over the wall too soon.
LAP 45 Bret Holmes leads the field to the green from the outside with Johnny Sauter on the inside, Tanner Gray gets a push to the lead.
LAP 47 Keith McGee wrecks on the front stretch and ends up sitting in the grass bringing out the caution.
LAP 48 Corey LaJoie, Nick Sanchez, Cory Roper pit with others staying out.
LAP 50 Ty Majeski, Mason Massey, Timmy Hill, Jason White, Matt Mills top off.
LAP 52 Bret Holmes leads the field to the green from the outside with Johnny Sauter on the inside, Johnny Sauter gets pushed to the lead.
LAP 57 Johnny Sauter blocks Corey LaJoie on the outside causing Corey LaJoie to fall through the field, Bret Holmes gets loose from the lead and spins, Bayley Currey spins behind him in 3rd.
LAP 59 Grant Enfinger, Ben Rhodes, Christian Eckes, Cory Roper, Bryan Dauzat, Mason Massey, Codie Rohrbaugh, Jason White stay out with all others pitting, Nick Sanchez was the first off of pit road.
LAP 60 Grant Enfinger, Ben Rhodes, Christian Eckes, Cory Roper, Bryan Dauzat, Tyler Ankrum, Codie Rohrbaugh, Jason White, Jack Wood, Timmy Hill, Rajah Caruth, Stewart Friesen pit.
LAP 62 Nick Sanchez leads the field to the green from the inside with Johnny Sauter on the outside, Nick Sanchez holds the lead.
LAP 64 Ben Rhodes gets the lead on the outside.
LAP 65 Nick Sanchez gets the lead back before Ben Rhodes takes it back with a push from behind him.
LAP 69 Johnny Sauter gets the lead.
LAP 70 Ben Rhodes pits from 3rd with a tire issue. 30 to go, Eckes shoves Purdy to the lead. 29 to go, LaJoie shoves Eckes to the lead. 28 to go, the leaders split the lap truck of Ben Rhodes just as he blows a tire! LaJoie takes the lead in the process. Ben Rhodes spins behind them, caution.
LAP 75 Cory Roper, Corey Heim, Rajah Caruth, Bryan Dauzat, Timmy Hill, Stewart Friesen, Codie Rohrbaugh pit with others staying out.
LAP 78 Corey LaJoie leads the field to the green from the inside with Nick Sanchez on the outside, Nick Sanchez gets the lead.
LAP 79 Christian Eckes gets spins from 3rd in front of Corey LaJoie and starts a 4 truck accident involving Dean Thompson, Christian Eckes, Johnny Sauter, Stefan Parsons.
LAP 80 Bayley Currey free pass.
LAP 85 Nick Sanchez leads the field to the green from the inside with Corey LaJoie on the outside, Nick Sanchez holds the lead.
LAP 86 Toni Breidinger, Dean Thompson wreck bringing out the caution when Mason Massey slows in front of them.
LAP 87 Christian Eckes free pass.
LAP 92 Nick Sanchez leads the field from the inside with Rajah Caruth on the outside, Rajah Caruth goes to the lead after a push from Corey LaJoie but Nick Sanchez gets the lead back on the backstretch.
LAP 94 Nick Sanchez has a great save after a push from Taylor Gray while battling for the lead entering turn 1, Tyler Ankrum spins from the outside lane from 9th and comes down the track starting a 5 Truck accident involving Tyler Ankrum, Christian Eckes, Bayley Currey, Timmy Hill, Chase Purdy.
LAP 95 No Free pass.
LAP 100 OverTime 1: Nick Sanchez leads the field to the green from the inside with Taylor Gray on the outside, Taylor Gray gets a push to the lead but Nick Sanchez gets pushed back to the lead by Taylor Gray.
LAP 101 Nick Sanchez gets the win when the field crashes behind him on the backstretch when Taylor Gray and Jack Wood make contact battling for second, Taylor Gray flips after hitting Daniel Dye, at least 12 trucks involved: Rajah Caruth, Corey LaJoie, Daniel Dye, Dean Thompson, Taylor Gray, Spencer Boyd, Codie Rohrbaugh, Matt Crafton, Stewart Friesen, Daniel Dye, Cory Roper, Grant Enfinger, Tanner Gray, Christian Eckes.
1 Nick Sanchez
2 Corey Heim
3 Rajah Caruth
4 Bret Holmes
5 Spencer Boyd.
6 Stefan Parsons
7 Matt Crafton.
8 Timmy Hill.
9 Bryan Dauzat
10 Christian Eckes.
11 Tyler Ankrum.
12 Jason White
13 Bayley Currey
14 Stewart Friesen
15 Ty Majeski.
16 Tanner Gray.
17 Grant Enfinger.
18 Jack Wood
19 Taylor Gray.
20 Corey LaJoie.
21 Daniel Dye
22 Cory Roper
23 Codie Rohrbaugh
24 Dean Thompson
25 Mason Massey.
26 Matt Mills
27 Toni Bridinger
28 Chase Purdy.
29 Johnny Sauter
30 Ben Rhodes.
31 Keith McGee
32 Lawless Alan
33 Layne Riggs.
34 Jake Garcia
35 Ty Dillon
36 Thad Moffitt.
well fuck not how I thought it would go. but I'm happy no one got hurt.
then its time for the ARCA at Daytona. we sit on Gus pit box.
ARCA starting grid.
1 Willie Mullins
2 Tim Richmond.
3 Jake Finch.
4 Toni Breidinger
5 Ryan Huff
6 Justin Bonsignore
7 Gil Linster
8 Bryan Dauzat
9 Issac Johnson
10 Jason Kitzmiller
11 Kris Wright.
12 Bryce Haugeberg
13 Andres Perez
14 Jeff Scofield
15 Tanner Gray.
16 Dale Quarterley
17 Caleb Costner
18 Thomas Annunziata
19 Christian Rose.
20 Sean Corr
21 Greg Van Alst
22 Steve Lewis Jr
23 Patrick Emerling
24 Gus Dean.
25 Marco Andretti
26 Armani Williams
27 Amber Balcean
28 John Aramendia
29 Scott Melton
30 Mandy Chick
31 Lavar Scott
32 Leland Honeyman Jr
33 Andy Jankowiak
34 Shane Van Gisbergen
Green Flag.
Mullins gets the jump and he clears them in turn one.
Lap 4, Toni Breidinger gets squeezed while she’s in the middle heading into turn one. She’s turned sideways in front of the field and 10+ cars are collected.
Shane van Gisbergen is one of the cars collected as he makes his debut on the 2.5-mile oval.
Green, Mullins and Finch run side by side into turn one. Richmond shoves Finch to the lead.
Lap 11, caution for debris.
Green, Finch leads Richmond off turn two.
Lap 19, Mandy Chick is in the turn two wall, caution.
Lap 24, Christian Rose gets turned off a bump draft in the tri-oval. The caution is out but he avoids contact with the wall. Many of the leaders head for the pit lane. Ryan Huff and Sean Corr take over the front row.
Green, Huff and Corr run side by side for the lead. Laps later, Corr wins the battle via the outside lane.
Lap 31, Finch leads a charge on the outside lane as they run three wide. Finch returns to the race lead.
Lap 35, Greg Van Alst pulls out of line. He leads the outside lane and he’s shoved to the race lead. Finch fights back to the lead.
Race break
Lap 41, the race break caution is out. And just as the yellow is deployed several cars spin down the backstretch. Finch leads Perez. 29 to go, Mullins nearly spins from 7th! He bounces off the apron and saves it, no caution. 24 to go, Sean Corr spins, caution. 19 to go, Michael Maples spins off turn four. He collects Scott Melton and Willie Mullins. The red flag is out. Melton climbs from his car but he’s getting a ride in the ambulance.
Green with 12 to go, Finch leads Gus Dean. The top six quickly form single file around the inside lane. 7 to go, the top 10 all run single file around the bottom lane. Finch leads Dean and Perez. 4 to go, Marco Andretti cuts a tire into turn three, he catches the wall and he’s on fire from 8th! He picked up damage earlier in the race which may have caused that. The caution is out.
Green in ARCA Overtime, it’s a one-lap shootout. Finch and Dean run side by side into turn one. Dean leads off turn two. Finch has a run into turn three, he gets turned off a bump draft. Multiple cars are collected and the caution is out.
This race is over. This race ends at 1:34am. Gus Dean wins at Daytona International Speedway!.
1 Gus Dean.
2 Thomas Annunziata
3 Greg Van Alst
4 Christian Rose.
5 Tim Richmond.
6 Jason Kitzmiller
7 Gil Linster
8 Alex Clubb
9 Amber Balcean
10 Andy Jankowiak.
11 Jake Finch.
12 Andres Perez
13 Armani Williams
14 Steve Lewis Jr
15 Lavar Scott
16 Ryan Huff
17 Patrick Emerling
18 Issac Johnson
19 Tommy O’Leary IV
20 Bryan Dauzat
21 Michael Maples
22 Brad Smith
23 Ryan Roulette
24 Tanner Gray.
25 Marco Andretti
26 Bryce Haugeberg
27 Scott Melton
28 Willie Mullins
29 Shane van Gisbergen
30 Sean Corr
31 Leland Honeyman Jr
32 Justin Bonsignore
33 Dale Quarterley
34 Mandy Chick
35 Caleb Costner
36 Jeff Scofield
37 Toni Breidinger
38 Kris Wright.
39 John Aramendia
40 Ed Pompa
I'm so happy your Gus.
we went to bed as soon I hit the pillow Mae woke up and I didn't get to sleep until 4 am.