Chapter 42

After finishing their evaluation, the rookie team NK came down from the stage.

Their faces were all somber.

Even though their performance received positive reviews, they couldn't be completely happy because of Cheong Myeong's last comment.

They were all at risk of elimination. Today could have been their last performance in the Actor Kingdom.

They had somewhat anticipated this outcome.

Among them, the team member who had made a mistake had a twisted expression on his face and couldn't say anything.

Then, another team member suddenly tapped Shin Dami on the shoulder.

"You know it's because of you, right?"

"What?"

He gestured towards the team member who had made the mistake.

"Sure, he messed up his lines momentarily, but if you had just left it, he would have managed to recover on his own. But because you jumped in like that, the whole performance got thrown off,"

"Will you shut up?"

It was Choi Han-gyeol who suddenly spoke up. The team member who was speaking flinched at the interruption.

"Neither of you did anything commendable, so just stay quiet. The same goes for me."

Choi Han-gyeol glared at the team member as if he would throw a punch if he said anything more.

The teammates, who had expected him to take his side, were flustered and stumbled over his words.

Choi Han-gyeol then stared intently at Shin Dami before suddenly extending his hand.

"You were impressive."

The one who found his behavior most incomprehensible was, of course, Shin Dami.

"What are you talking about all of a sudden?"

"Sorry. I judged you harshly without knowing. I didn't realize you were capable of that much."

Choi Han-gyeol did not withdraw his hand or his gaze from Shin Dami. He just waited.

After a moment of hesitation, she finally grasped his hand.

"No, it's okay. What he said wasn't entirely wrong. I'm sorry for acting on my own."

"Even now, I think that was the best choice. Even if we get eliminated, I think I'll be okay now."

Okay? The teammates wore expressions of confusion, wondering what they had just heard.

"I realized during this mission that I've been too arrogant in many ways."

After saying this, Choi Han-gyeol looked around briefly.

"But why haven't we seen Han Junwoo around?"

***

Meanwhile, in the quiet corridor of the broadcasting station on the 9th floor.

All the staff members were gathered in the studio where the filming was taking place.

And at the end of the corridor,

*Creeeak.*

The sound shattered the silence as the editing room door slowly opened.

Emerging towards the light with heavy steps was Junwoo, looking utterly spent.

His face was gaunt, with dark circles under his eyes, and his hair was disheveled and greasy.