what's your name

❝ you were my life

you were like 나의 바다였었어 이젠

what's your name?

oh what's your name? ❞

‒ (g)i-dle, ' what's your name '

winter pov

Winter was pretty sure that going on a quasi-date with Karina Yu warranted at least one tiny brain aneurysm.

The girl had asked her out of the blue yesterday, and Winter had accepted because obviously, who in their right mind would say no to Karina Yu? She was gorgeous, with long wavy black hair, intelligent brown eyes, and a small face. Her fashion sense was perfect (although she could pull off literally anything) and there was just something about her that made you want to know more.

That something was currently bugging the hell out of Winter.

Yooji hadn't texted her at all since she'd asked if Min was Winter. Winter was starting to get worried- was Yooji waiting for a reply? If so, she'd be disappointed, because Winter wasn't about to ruin the only moderately stable relationship she currently had. Ning was fine one second and totally broken the other, and although Winter had learned to deal and help her through her mood swings, Ning wasn't opening up yet and Winter would wait as long as she needed.

Ning and Winter had been friends for forever, and whoever hurt her hurt Winter also. This was why when Aeri tried to walk past them in the halls, Winter would wrap a protective arm around Ningning- who would promptly bury her face in Winter's shoulder- and steer her away. Aeri had tried to talk to Winter, to ask why Ningning had suddenly cut off all contact, but honestly? If Aeri was that dense, then okay.

Meanwhile, new couples were shocking their high school's social community into fresh gossip. Kim Chaewon, popular cheerleader, and Huh Yunjin, star basketball player, had finally gotten together after apparently making out on the court after a game- which, Winter thought, wasn't that supposed to happen after the dating? Anyways, it had just happened, with Yunjin scoring and then Chaewon running onto the gym floor after her, and then boom- they were kissing.

It was cute enough (and also confusing, a bit) to Winter, but she liked their dynamic.

Also, Chaewon (and Karina's) friend Miyawaki Sakura, who was also a cheerleader, had gotten asked out by Nakamura Kazuha after sort of daring her to do it, but long story short they were happily dating. Sakura's friend Wonyoung (yet another cheerleader; did they never end?) and Kazuha's friend Yujin had started seeing each other casually, meeting up after practices and games and walking in the halls together.

Romance was in the air. It was valentine season, and everyone was picking up dates; except Winter.

(Well, Ning too, but she'd gotten heartbroken, so it was a different story.)

Well, no more.

Karina Yu had literally asked Winter out. The girl beautiful enough to be a goddess, also one of Winter's AP Lit classmates.

The idea of Ryujin being Yooji had kind of petered out a while ago, after it got leaked that Ryujin was secretly dating a college freshman, Hwang Yeji, who was actually quite famous for her notorious badass attitude and cat-eyed piercing stare. The entire high school community had basically blown a collective amount of gaskets and then devolved into endless speculation about how the hell Shin Ryujin, whose personality was pretty close to Winter's, had managed to pull Hwang goddamn Yeji.