✦25✦

"She is fine

"She is fine."

My jaw would have been on the floor if not for my helmet being there to pick it up. I watched in disbelief as Astra began to carry on the conversation with Ambrose as if he hadn't dropped a bomb on us that changed everything.

His baby? His? Baby!?

"You're taking this a lot better than I thought you would, I'm glad you'd see that this is all for the best of both of us and humanity will thank you for your help in it's advancements."

Astra continued to nod as if what he was saying was completely normal, "Yes, yes. This is for the good of everyone."

Ambrose clasped his hans together, "Good, good, I hope we can make the announcements on the gender sometime next week when the excitement has died down. Thank you for sending me the results by the way Kofi, I appreciate you being a good sport in all this too," He smiled, sending me a wink before moving to usher us out, "I'd love to catch up more with you guys later but I do have to get some work done, you know, the usual, advancements for the good of humanity to make. All boring stuff."

"Of course, of course," Astra giggled as he continued to push us out.

What the fuck is so funny?

"And Teegan, do give me back my extra key. I've misplaced my third one and a spare is always good to have around for, you know, emergencies," He clasped her shoulder before finally disappearing behind his closing door.

"I-

"No not here," Astra shushed be before grabbing my hand and dragging my away from his office. "Prying ears, lucky for us we have access to the one place in this building with no cameras."

We entered Teegans office and the door was barely closing behind Astra before I ripped off my helmet. "What the fuck was that?" I asked, my voice slightly cracking at the end, "I thought you said-

"I suspected since you found Kofi's results back in his office," She admitted, removing her helmet as well, "Kofi got his tubes cut long before he began selling the dream of children to Teegan."

"So she cheated? Seems like they're both slimy to me."

Astra shook her head, a look of dread on her face, "No I think Kofi found a way to impregnate Teegan with Ambrose's sperm when she wasn't aware," She put her fingertips between her teeth, "There were vitamins where Teegan's fertility treatment was supposed to be, perscribed by Kofi probably but I'm pretty sure he'd be able to tell the difference considering he's a fucking doctor. He probably just didn't want her to take the real stuff because he knew there was nothing wrong with her to begin with-

"Teegan has been sleeping with Ambrose since we arrived on Mars."

Astra and I's head both turned to face our prisoner who still remained chained up on the floor, the indifference in her eyes telling me she'd mad peace with her fate. "Teegan Monroe would never cheat on Kofi," Astra defended.

"Consensually? You're right probably not," Connie yawned, stretching out her legs, "But you'd be surprised how many sedatives you can be given when you think they're fertility shots."

I gagged, "And you call yourself her friend?"

Connie cracked her neck, "What was I supposed to do? Tell her? And risk getting sent back?" She shivered befoe looking away, "The least I could do was offer her support, she was gonna find out sooner rather than later anyway, there's kinda a strong element about Kofi that Ambrose doesn't have."

Astra sighed, pinching her nose, "This is the part where I'd like you to tell me Kofi was being forced to do it, even threatened?"

Connie snorted, "If that'll help you sleep at night, sure," She locked eyes with me, "You seem like the realistic one. It's pretty simple, the Martian women weren't producing babies, since they were all insteminated with the Golden Boy's sperm he got anxious and confided in Kofi that he believed he was infertile, Kofi ran some tests on him and said that couldn't be it but Ambrose wanted stronger evidence than a flimsy piece of paper."

"So Kofi offered him his wife," I finished, sitting down in Teegan's chair and putting my face in my lower hands. Astra stayed standing.

"Has there been any good to come out of you people taking over this planet?"

The blonde didn't look phased by the question, "Look lady," She turned her gaze to Astra, "Anything is better than drowning."

"Drowning?" Astra took a step forward, "What happened on Earth?"

"Get me a blunt and I'll tell you whatever the fuck you want to know," Connie bargained leaning back, "Might as well have some weed before I die."

"There are smoke detectors in the whole compound," Astra argued.

"And you're as white as a sheet of paper and she has four arms," She gestured to me with her head, "Figure it out."

"We don't have time to give a fuck about earth," I told Astra honestly befoe her mind began to run with ways to get a 'blunt' whatever that was.

Surprisingly she nodded absentmindedly, "You're right, we don't."

"Ambrose mentioned a key, know where Teegan would've put it?"

"Kofi was a neat freak, I'm not even surprised he kept comprising documents such as proof he couldn't have children, the guy would have an aneurysm if he forgot to get his receipt at the corner store," Astra told me, her voice empty.

"Why should I care?" I asked her honestly.

"Because if Teegan wanted to put proof of what she thought was an 'affair' with Ambrose she would've put it somewhere she thought Kofi would never go, a place he would never look," She then turned to Connie. "Constance, where's the dirtiest place in this dome."

"Butchery at the edge of the the city," She told us with no hassle, her desperate eyes telling me she still had hope Astra would get her what she wanted, "Has meat in there that they want to last decades and the guy that runs it isn't exactly an expert."

"She would put her keys near frozen meat?" I questioned, not exactly believing it.

"Teegan doesn't even eat meat, so why would Kofi think she would go there?"

*+:。.。  。.。:+*