✦12✦

A S T R A

A S T R A

I took a step toward her "You can tighten them with these strings like..." I reached towards her sweatpants that hung dangerously low on her hips, exposing her toned stomach. My fingers were close when I realized what I was doing and retracted them quickly "Just," I made a gesture with my hand "Tug them a bit outward and they should fit better."

She crossed her lower arms across her chest "I think they fit fine," She told me, turning around to check her reflection in the mirror. Her upper right arm reached down to run a finger along the stretchy material of the pants "Your humans wear uncomfortable things."

The room was designed as if it were supposed to be a secret that people lived there, the closets were not in plain sight but instead, it took both Sol and I felt up on the wall until I found a suspicious dip in the material to find them.

After pressing on it they slid open to reveal black and navy blue clothes, spare suits, and lucky for us-bed linen. After ripping open a t-shirt it became obvious that Sol would not be fitting in Callaway's clothes and so took Mhklali's instead. The top was rather tight and she had to make two more holes in it for her second pair of arms but the pants fit her quite well.

If I could remember correctly Mhklali was quite tall, couldn't find a lab coat that fit him for a while, and was a giant compared to the rest of his medical graduating class around 6'2.

And even his pants went up past Sol's ankles slightly.

"Wait till you find out about push-up bras," I shook my head, trying to pull the bedsheets out of the wardrobe and rest it on my dormant arm but wincing as soon as the weight went on it.

Sol took it from me, "Don't worry I got it," She threw a fleeting glance at my broken hand "You should try to keep things off that for a while, you already look days away from a nasty infection."

"I still can't believe that I broke a bone," I admitted, wiggling my swollen fingers a little but flinching immediately "I know you don't believe me but things like this never happen to me."

"That's surprising considering how little survival skills you have," She walked towards the bed and I followed her "But I guess it would be a bit questionable if rocks in the sky broke bones."

I tried to stop myself from smiling at the small dig at me, it meant she wasn't mad anymore. At least not as mad as she was an hour ago.

"I didn't even think I had bones to break," I tugged the sheet over the side of the mattress "The concept of me even shedding blood is just," I looked down "So human, I've always thought of myself of everything but flesh."

"Bleeding doesn't make you human," She said, smoothing over the last blanket before sitting down "It makes you alive."

I sighed, sinking onto the bed beside her "Oh to be alive."

Suddenly a rumble was heard as if a muffled voice was speaking, it took us both frowning and looking around before I realized what it was and got to my feet. "Tempest," I said to a confused Sol who also stood up and rushed with me to the bathroom.