Long Ago

Down in the underworld, Imperious addressed everyone. "Now that I'm back from that awful cave, I will call my old friend Jester." he said. "He knows how to make trouble. Come forth Jester."

A dark magic spell seal appeared and a clown like monster came through. "I'm free! I'm alive!" said Jester, laughing evilly as he bows down to Imperious.

"Now that I have freed you, you will do as I command." said Imperious.

"Yes, sire." said Jester.

"I have chosen you for a very important mission." Imperious tells him. "You will use dark magic to wreak havoc in the city. Take this."

In his hand, appeared an ink pen. "Yes, I think I know just what you have in mind." said Jester, looking at the pen as he jumps up and down.

"Excellent." said Imperious and sends him on his way.

"What about the rangers, Imperious?" asked Necrolai. "They must be destroyed!"

"I know that Morticon was a powerful warrior, but I am powerful, as well." he said as he walks over to the master. "My plan will not only destroy the city, it will undermine the power rangers. That I pledge to you, all-powerful one."

At Rootcore, the rangers were doing an exercise. "Trust is the key to any team." said Udonna as Maddie was wearing a blind fold on her eyes. "In order to truly trust each other, you must be willing to put your safety in the hands of the team. Are you ready, Madison?"

"I think so." said Maddie.

"There you go." said Nick as he and the others got in place.

"Slowly fall forward. Your team will catch you." said Udonna and Maddie falls forwards, letting Nick and Xander catch her. Just as they stood Maddie up, Clare walks by with Fire Heart in her arms. "There's a good boy, Fire Heart." she cooed and all but Lily gathered around her.

Maddie falls back as Lily turns around to run. "Whoa!" said Maddie as she topples over Lily.

"Ow! My back!" said Lily as Udonna runs over to them.

"Goo goo goo goo!" said Vida as he looks up at the others.

"Oh, that's trust for you." said Maddie as Udonna helps her up. "Sorry about falling on you, Lily."

Lily looks up from the ground. "I'll live...I think. I know that taking care of a baby is important, especially in the animal kingdom." said Lily as Udonna helps dust her off. "But a baby dragon is even tougher to take care of."

"Yes, you are! Yes, you are so beautiful." Clare said to Fire Heart.

Suddenly the crystal ball had picked up something. "Dark magical energy is emitting in the forest." said Udonna

"We'll check it out." said Nick.

"What? Oh." said Maddie and Lily as they followed the others. Clare was completely oblivious to what had been said. "Oh, do you need to be burped, little guy?" she said to Fire Heart. Fire Heart then burps up, causing soot to land in Clare's face.

On a tree branch, the frog from the cave was sitting on it, happy to escape from Lily's tank as behind it, the rangers were finding the dark energy. "It's quiet." said Nick.

"Almost too quiet." said Chip. "Sorry. I always wanted to say that."

"Reminds me of the day, Nick left me in the basement and locked the door." said Lily.

"You left her in the basement?" asked Maddie. "You left your little sister in the basement alone?"

"I didn't mean too." said Nick, defending himself. "I didn't know that she was behind when I closed the door."