England V Austria

Start bij het begin

"Come on baby, get up," I whispered, my voice barely audible as I stared at the TV with a mixture of anguish and desperation. Every fiber of my being screamed for Leah to be okay, for her to shake off the pain and get back on her feet.

Every time the camera stopped filming her and switched to a slow-motion of the foul or to another player on the field, my anxiety was rising, my hands turned into fists with my nails sank into the thin skin of my palms.

And then, finally, Leah began to rise to her feet, a determined look in her eyes as she gingerly tested her injured ankle. Relief flooded through me at the sight of her standing, albeit with a noticeable limp.

I let out a sigh of relief, realizing I had stopped breathing for a minute, running my hands through my hair. "Oh thank god," I sank back onto the bed beside Charlotte, my heart still racing with adrenaline as I watched Leah soldier on despite the pain. Cloe Kelly walked up to her and offered her the ball, asking her to take the penalty. my eyes widened at the sight. "Oh she better take it or I swear to god I'm flying over there just to kick her ass," I said, and Charlotte laughed behind me, her mouth filled with popcorn. I had no idea how she could be eating right now. My stomach was a mess.

Leah took the ball, and I smiled instantly. She walked up to the penalty spot with a determined stride, her eyes focused and her jaw set with steely resolve. She was so fucking sexy.

Leah placed the ball on the penalty spot and stepped back, her hands firmly placed on her hips as she observed the goal in front of her.

The referee blew her whistle.

And then, with a swift kick of her foot, Leah sent the ball soaring towards the goal, her shot powerful and precise as it sailed past the goalkeeper and into the back of the net.

"Yes!" I exclaimed, pumping my fists in the air as the crowd erupted into cheers on TV. Charlotte joined in with a whoop of excitement, clapping her hands enthusiastically. "That's my girl!" I shouted, unable to contain my excitement as Leah celebrated her goal with her teammates.

"And just like that England captain Leah Williamson is back on the pitch, scoring a crucial goal in her comeback game after her injury. what a player she is, ladies and gentlemen." As the commentator's words echoed through the room, I felt a swell of pride wash over me, my heart bursting with admiration for the woman I loved.

"Fuck yeah, what a player she is!" I said, and Charlotte laughed loudly again at my words. She clearly seemed like she was enjoying my reactions more than the game itself.

Charlotte chuckled at my outburst, shaking her head in amusement as she reached over to give me a playful shove. "What did I say? such a fangirl. And so fucking whipped." she teased.

"Win the Euros and we'll talk," I dismissed her words immediately, my eyes not even leaving the screen.

"Alright, fair enough," she replied with a chuckle.

As the match continued, my nerves gradually began to settle, replaced by excitement as England scored two more goals, dominating the field. of course, my smile grew fonder every time Leah was seen on camera, and every time the commentator said her name.

When the referee blew the final whistle, England led 4-0.

I was so sad not to be there. I wish I could hug her and tell her how proud of her I am.

But even though I was thousands of miles away, watching from the comfort of my hotel room in Los Angeles, I knew that my love and support were with her every step of the way. And as I watched Leah embrace her teammates with a smile on her face, I felt a surge of admiration for the incredible woman she was.