Chapter 25 Lanterns

ابدأ من البداية

He read: "The first couplet: Black is not, white is not, red and yellow are not; they are like foxes, wolves, cats and dogs, neither domestic animals nor wild beasts." He paused deliberately, and then said: "The second couplet is: there are poems, lyrics, and the Analects of Confucius; it is vague about east, west, north, and south. Although it is a short article, it is also a wonderful article."

After reading it, he smiled and waited for the noble and handsome young man in front of him to make a fool of himself. Unexpectedly, he only thought for a moment and said: "The first line is 'guessing', the second line is 'riddle', and together they are 'guessing'."

The steward was immediately speechless, and the crowd burst into admiration. They only thought that this young man was unparalleled in talent and appearance. Did they not know that this man was the number one scholar appointed by the Emperor last year?

With the lamp king in hand, Cui Xijun's depression for days was somewhat diluted, and her interest couldn't help but rise. Cui Xirong, Cui Xitong and Cui Mucheng from the third branch were still young, so they also pulled Cui Muli and Cui Muwen and asked them to help guess many lanterns.

They had a great time guessing lantern riddles, but Xie Miao felt that there were too many people and secretly said to Cui Xining, "I'm going to take a walk in front."

Cui Xining asked: "Do you want second brother to help you win a lantern?"

Xie Miao shook her head. Cui Xining saw that she had no regrets and sighed to herself: I really don't know how she could give up so completely.

*

The shadow of the moon is like running water, and the spring breeze contains night plum blossoms. (poem written by Emperor Yang of the Sui Dynasty specifically to celebrate the Lantern Festival)

Xie Miao took Lan Xia and Fu Lu to the river, where many people were gathering to set off lanterns. The lotus lanterns reflected the slanting light of the river, creating a clear reflection.

Lan Xia had a playful nature and eagerly said: "Miss, let's buy some lanterns to play with."

The lantern stall was nearby. Lan Xia and Fu Lu chose two lanterns, but Xie Miao chose three lanterns for rebirth. Lan Xia and Fu Lu looked at each other. They naturally knew that two of the lanterns were for the deceased Lady and Master, but who was the remaining one for?

Xie Miao walked to the river, and leaned down slightly. She carefully pushed the rebirth lanterns into the river, one after another. When she reached the last one, her movements slowed down obviously, as if she was reluctant to let go.

A burst of Sanskrit sound came from the horizon. Its rhythm was gentle and elegant, but it was far-reaching and difficult to distinguish.

Xie Miao watched the three lanterns of rebirth flowing down the water. She didn't move for a long time, and she watched after them, foolishly.

*

Cui Muli guessed three more lanterns, and the smile of the steward of the lantern riddle club gradually became stiff.

This young man is so talented that he can figure out all the riddles. With him here, what else can the others do?

He forced a smile and asked, "Young Master, do you still want to guess?"

Cui Muli looked back and saw that several younger brothers and sisters had something in their hands, but one person was missing.

"No." He glanced at Shen Yang.

After they walked away, Shen Yang took advantage of the steward of the lantern riddle club not paying attention and threw a piece of broken silver on the table.