𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

When I thought I was finally alone in my drivers room a knock arrived on the door.

I decided to ignore it because I couldn't find the strenght to talk to someone right now and didn't want to at all.

The Norris situation actually pissed me off and left me curious. Why was he so arrogant all of a sudden when he literally saved me from a party few weeks ago.

Let me tell you, he was hell of a confusing guy and I couldn't and still can't get him off my mind for some reason.

"Gracie, I know you're in there open the door."
oh shit. I ran to the entrance of my drivers room as fast as I possibly could.

"You're coming with me." okay, harsh, but I didn't have any other choice except following him.

As we arrived into Wolffs office he shut the door behind me and I sat down opposite to his chair.

I stared at his hands for quite a long time as they were looking for something in a stack of papers.

He grabbed two of them placing it in front of me on the table to look at them. My eyes went wide, I definitely did not expect that from him.

"Madison, I gotta say your performance is getting better and even though I hate to admit it, you're a great driver and i'd like you to stay in Mercedes for more years."

A contract was lying there, waiting to be signed. I was so sure I wanted to continue with Mercedes but why was I being so hesitant right now.

All of the emotions you could remember flew through me and I didn't know what to think.

Of course being in Totos team was incredible and everyone dreamed of being in the best teams in Formula One but it wasn't so unquivocal to me.

Georges contract was ending this year in Redbull too, what if Christian made a better offer?

It was the exact same thing with Carlos in Ferrari, what if Vasseur made a better offer for me?

"Look, if you're indecisive I can leave you to think for a bit." he sounded quite annoyed and mad but tried to keep it cool.

"Thank you Toto I really appreciate it." I ended my sentence and as I made my way through the door I looked at him for the last time before Qualifying.

He just simply nodded and I closed the door between us, feeling guilty and unfair. How could I refuse his offer, what if he won't want me for another season when I declined it so early.

I practically didn't accept it but I didn't shove it in the trash either. Yet as much as I knew him, he'll immediately think of it as if i'm being ungrateful.

This is too much for me, why can't everyone just let me be for a split day or even a split hour, I deserve it by now.

Lewis renewed his contract at the beginning of this year and everyone was waiting for me but I couldn't think straight.

Was I being a disappointment? I don't think so but some of the crew had the right to think of it like this.

Now I had a new mission for this weekend, talk with every principal without being caught by media or worse, Netflix.

Well this is definitely going to be a difficult weekend for me here in Imola.

Gosh why did I join Formula One, I love racing but the paper works and instant pressure of contracts running out isn't a thing I enjoy, but I think none of us on the grid enjoyed it.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Did my motivation finally come back?
I hope so.

⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

chapter XIX.