𝘵𝘸𝘰

"Hé maman, je viens de dérailler et je veux te dire que j'ai eu P3!" ( hey mom, i just got off the track and i want to tell you i got P3! )

I said happily and sat down on the chair in the garage. My mother watched my races when she could, so i made sure to inform her that i was fine everytime.

"C'est super chérie, mais tu sais que je ne suis pas vraiment content que tu coures" ( that's great honey, but you know i'm not really happy about you racing )

She was my biggest supporter, even tho she hated the feeling of me crashing or being hurt really bad.

"Je vais te le donner papa, d'accord ?" ( i'm going to give you dad, okay? )

It was a moment of silence and i waited for him to start talking. One minute, nothing. Two minutes, nothing, it was a waste of time and my smiled quickly faded away.

The only thing i heard were my parents arguing from far away about how my father should talk to me, and him yelling back swear words.

Moments like this between them were quite normal, my mother was sweet and caring, but on the other hand my father wasn't the greatest of all.

This didn't make me feel better at all, i hung up the phone and left the garage while saying my goodbyes to the team for the next week.

I made my way to my trailer to dress up and clean it after me, hoping the day would end soon.

My phone buzzed only to reveal the message from my mother apologizing and assuring me, that father would call me later.

He wouldn't, i knew that, i know him.

When i was done changing, i sat on the floor and scrolled through the new articles about the race that just ended.

Everyone talked about how i broke Lewis's trophy, or about the post race interviews. Especially mine, no suprise though.

I collected my things, locked the trailer and left. This day was one of the worst.

Miami, May 2023

Another race week, another chance to prove myself or definitely ruin my reputation, what a delightful options.

FP1 went quite well for me, i got the fastest lap by the time 1.28.980 and it was really a thing to celebrate, because fastest laps weren't really my usual things.

"Sup you lightning Mcqueen" Ashley didn't miss out any chance to call me stupid-nicknames, that's just Ash.

"Don't even try, radio girl" she rolled her eyes and came to sit closer to me, i looked at her and she gave me her typical puppy eyes.

"What do you want, seriously" this was her significant way to beg for something if she wanted anything.

"There's this party tonight" "No! Definitely not." i refused to go to any party, i hate people and parties are worse than anything.

Especially on race weekends.

"Please, don't be such a buzzkill Madison" she was sobbing at this point and it almost hurt me seeing her like this.