𝘰𝘯𝘦

Azerbaijan, 30 April 2023

"It's lights out, and away we go!" the commentary always said this, that's why i made Ashley say this as soon as the race started for better motivation, it was a ritual at this point.

The 23rd lap, i was fighting for P4 with the Ferrari duo. "Do you want to know the positions?" Ash said through the radio and i couldn't reply due to my concentration.

I'm a woman, i should know how to do two things at once but that didn't include in my racing methods.

If i try to do two things on the track, i end up crashing, slipping or pushing into someone, trust me, i know my bussiness.

I finally overtook Leclerc but Sainz was up my ass. Turn 19, slow down, sharp turn to right and speed up the car to prepare for the DRS zone.

I gave a signal to Ashley and she started telling me the order of us. "Verstappen P1, Hamilton, Norris, you, Sainz and Leclerc" i thanked her and started focusing on the race again.

Lando Norris. P3, he was the only one of the drivers i could not stand at all, he was the most arrogant, insulting, spoiled man i ever knew, not even a man, a boy.

"0.56 seconds Madison, push!" i was finally in the DRS zone and overtook him, as the only woman in the grid, it was hard proving myself.

All of them outside were waiting for my mistake, even if i got a slightly worse position they would blame it on the fact that i was a woman.

I got used to it during the 2 years in Formula 1, but it was hard holding on and pretending everything was fine, especially at the post-race interviews.

He didn't make it much easier, we were friends when i firstly came into racing but with the time flow and his popularity growing he became a person i didn't recognize.

Lewis overtook Verstappen in the last seconds of the race, it was his win in a longer time and i was so happy for him.

Mercedes got a double podium with me in P3 and Lewis in P1, which was amazing for our team. When i parked at the "P3" sign i felt proud of myself.

The Baku track was so difficult for me and i didn't really feel comfortable driving through it, the turns were too aggresive for my style even tho i should be prepared for it, i never was.

I got out of my car, removed my helmet and adjusted my sweaty hair out of my face. It was the first thing i would do, i'm not a model but if i have cameras pointed at me i should look decent.

I immediately went to Lewis and he hugged me tighter than ever, "I'm proud of you, Maddie" his words warmed up my heart and i let go of him.

Lewis and i hugged the rest of the drivers and everyone congratulated us, except him, i could feel his eyes burning to my back everytime i interacted with someone.

When it was time for the podium celebration i made my way to the balcony first, fans screamed, cheered and i couldn't help it but smile widely.

Max came second and did the same, when Lewis arrived the celebration started and all of us popped our champagne.

They already started squirting it on everyone including themselves and i couldn't get mine to open so i popped it open using the podium as my help.

It finally opened and i started celebrating with them and everyone started screaming, we all looked at us and i realized i broke Lewis's trophy.

"Oh shit i'm so sorry" my hand flew to my mouth and Max with Lewis started laughing like little boys.

I started laughing with them and we ended the celebration with a great goodbye to everyone under us.

When i came to my trailer i laid down and my smile went wide, knowing i proved myself to them and they couldn't possibly get any reason to humble me infront of the cameras.

A knock arrived at my door and i stood up making my way to open. "Congrats Madison, but we have post-race interviews, you're already late" Ashley was my friend and i hated and loved that she was our PR manager.

I couldn't talk with her like we always do because we were at "work" and let me tell you, it was annoying sometimes.

All the drivers always lined up to the interviewers and answered a couple of questions before moving on to the other interviewers waiting to ask them the stupidest questions.

Since i was late, i was the last in the line and Norris was in front of me, anyone but him, no it was just my luck.

His interview wasn't any special and he quickly moved on to his second interview, i was immediately handed a microphone and some man started asking me questions with a big ass camera in my face.

"Well hello Madison, i'm Jonathan and i'll be asking you questions today" i smiled politely waiting to answer to his nonsense questions.

"You're the only woman in Formula one, how does it feel to get a podium in a long time?"

Ashley always said that i shouldn't react to the arrogant, sometimes even sexist questions and just answer politely.

She taught me that if i showed too many emotions, it would be worse than it already is, so here we go.

"Yeah, it's good, i enjoyed it and it's great to"

The man cut me off and started saying another question without letting me finish. I stared at him in confusing and angry face, he asked me a question, why didn't he let me finish.

"And tonight you broke Lewis's trophy, no one ever did that, did you plan on it or was it just because women are clumsy?"

That was enough, my blood was boiling and i didn't care a bit about Ashleys rule, or her saying.

I was so ready to answer him but i felt a hand snatching my microphone away.

"Are you throwing these questions at a woman because you are too scared to throw these questions at a man?"

I looked over at Norris to see him smirking and leaving the interviews. I stared at his back in shock, well now i was the one staring.

⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

chapter II.