Chapter 2

---
"Let me go!" I screeched as I squirm trying to rip myself from their grasp. Another green light and mother hits the floor. Pain, raw pain escapes my system...
"Shut up!" said the bitch holding me. I see Kael my brother being dragged and red crowds my eyes. I kick the Kirche pining me and start rushing to Kael when I'm shoved and hit the car door so hard I see stars.
"Aw feisty one this b-" . I spit in the Kirche's eye. Enraged, it raises gun ...this is it...the end. Death in the hands of the enemy.
"BOOM!" A crack of green echoes across the expanse.
I open my eyes and feel my face with my shaky hands, I'm not dead. My attacker is. The fat Kirche that almost killed me falls to the ground and I kick it scrambling to my feet only to have my legs give way. Breathe Rei.
"You okay?" a boy no older than me in Arian Arcanal training gear asks running in my direction. Behind him I see a group of other Arians' in training gear fending off the Kirches. And then I see Kael being dragged off by another Kirche...
" KAEL!" I start trying to stand up when the boy holds me back just as I see my brother being thrown. Violet floods my eyes, everyone's thrown back. Everything goes black.
---

I wake up in sweats. Still in the academy. Across me Lyra snores in her bunk. I hug my elbows. We're okay. Nightmares. Damn I'm thirsty. Slowly receding off the bed I crawl to the dorm hall. The architecture of the place is mind blowing.
Ingenious system , keeping the water machine all the way outside the dorms.
Now I'm parched and I'll freeze to death. Hugging my robe tight I tread across the icy marble floors.
Filling my cup I take a sip just as I watch stare through the ginormous windows out into the sports field ignoring. "Sheech."
The door to the boys' sleeping quarters behind me slides open. I turn as Ethane walks out and stops in his tracks as he sees me. I just glare at him as rage floods my eyes , my grip on my almost cracking my steel cup.
"His blood is on your hands."