Selfish Desires Beneath the Midnight Stars

GET AWAY FROM ME!

NO! DON'T TOUCH ME!

MOTHER! FATHER! SAVE ME!

DON'T LEAVE ME!

...

In times of need... sacrifices will be made...

Where people sold possessions for money... I was sold off for money...

I was born in Tokyo. The capital city of the Rising Sun. But I was of a lower class... My parents were of a lower class... We were poor, so we went to the rural town of Shirakawa. I loved it there, the simple life running through the fields of grass, all that stuff. But still, we were still poor to afford food... So, my parents sold me off to an entertainment district, hoping that my looks can entertain the guest.

I was sold off to Kabukicho, Japan's most famous entertainment district, I was taken in at a young age, I was taught how to make drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, making sashimi and sushi, snacks, and all in between to be a good worker in clubs. By my looks alone, I was pretty popular, but in crowds, I get intoxicated with anxiety...

A good entertainer must be able to hold their own!

A good entertainer must be able to please the guest!

A good entertainer...

They don't understand...

I lost my name...

I lost myself...

I lost everything...

I am just an entertainer... Pleasing disgusting people with too much money in their lives...

Zichimi!

Zichimi.

Zichimi?

Was that my name?

...

I am now 16 years old. Working 4 years- no. 5? 6?... I lost track of time... I was given a feast of sushi, hot pot, sashimi, and sake for my birthday. That was the only thing I loved, food. Food and alcohol to make me numb!

Now that I think of it... Zichimi came from sashimi. I made good sashimi that I would serve them in front of guests, I make good credits too, a lot of money that I don't even use... Zichimi Kureji... Sashimi and Credits... Fuck...

I was doing fine as a sort of bartender, serving drinks and my signature sashimi dishes, then a wealthy man decided to have me all to himself. So wealthy that the club I work at sold me off, apparently, I can no longer give them the profit to be useful...

Though regular guests and customers that admire me protested, I was still sold off. But I didn't protest. Why? Because I can sense that this man means no ill intent, in fact, he bought me a kimono and let me spend the new year in Kyoto. He let me see my first and last rising sun, it's so beautiful, a crimson red rising over the horizon.

Then, he took me to a plane and flew to a new, foreign land. The land of France, there I would see the glimpse of the city of romance, Paris. But that is not my destination, I was going to a school, a music school. There I would learn the French language and various instruments, I had no difficulties learning French nor any of the instruments, I am no stranger to music, I performed the shamisen, koto, and biwa during my time as a performer in Japan, in the performance of Kabuki.

Just like before, my looks would be admired, combined with western instruments, I looked like an angel to them. But ultimately, the instrument of my choice would be the Cello, it's an elegant instrument that is versatile, able to do low and high notes, though it is quite big. I made my tribute in an opera; 1st seat in the cello.