54.

august 17, 2022

august 17, 2022.

At NCT...

"Tae-"
"Get out, all of you. Get out!"

Nct Dream stood with their heads hanging low in Taeyong's office. They had found out Hwayoung was alive a few days ago. Sure, Taeyong was definitely more vicious but oh did things get even worse with the news.

"I don't think it's such a bad idea letting her-"
"Na Jaemin, did I ask you to speak?" Taeyong's cold eyes shot at Jaemin.

The room was cold both physically and emotionally. No one dared to talk back to Taeyong nowadays so it was bold considering Jaemin did. Their leader sat in his chair with hands held together on his desk.

"No sir, you didn't. But I still think you should let her come back. She was one of us, she's basically your sister!" Jaemin's brows furrowed together out of frustration. How was it that someone could change so quickly?

"Jae-" Renjun tried to grab Jaemin's arm but he was brushed off immediately.
"She is alive out there, and wasn't it you who wanted her back this entire time?"
"Mark, I want everyone outside. Leave Jaemin."

Hearing those words, everyone's eyes flickered between Jaemin and Taeyong; especially Mark's. As the leader of the unit, Mark was undeniably worried for Jaemin and what could be done to him. Donghee could never find out about any of it.

Of course Mark wanted to protest, but in what position was he to do that? Even Jaemin faltered in his stance for a split second, but he knew he had to fight for what was right.

Hesitant, Mark urged the members to wait in the hallway. Once the wooden doors closed, Taeyong stood from his seat although he stayed behind his desk. "What makes you want Hwayoung back so bad?"

"She was one of us, Taeyong. Are you seriously gonna abandon her just like that?"
"Are you forgetting that she abandoned us first three years ago?!" Taeyong came closer to Jaemin around the desk, eyes digging into Jaemin.

"Never forgot who abandoned and who saved you Jaemin. Whether it be three years ago, or when you were nothing but a tween."

. . . .

It was getting late and Donghee had herself buried in her sheets. She waited for Jaemin to respond to her text so that she could call him. Although, it had been 4 hours since she last texted him.

me
nanaaaaaaaaa
can i call you ?
if ure busy then mayb tonught ?

my sexy goat
not tn
srry

me
nana ?
r u okay ?
jaemin ??
why aren't u responding
i can see u reading these
na jaemin
answer me.
seen

markle da dingle berry🫐

me
markie
is jaemin okay
he isnt responding to me
but hes reading my texts
did smth happen

markle da dingle berry🫐
yooooo
i hv no clie
what ure talking abt haha
idk dude
uhm
yea idk

me
mark.

markle da dingle berry🫐
*attachment*

me
WHTYT IS HE BRUISED
IS MY BABY OKAY
WHY IS THERE SO MANY BRUISES AND WHY IS HIS FACE BLEEDING WHEN WAS THIS WHAT HAPPENED WHO DID THAT TO MY BABY MARK WTF SDJFNSLFUGN JCNBG
IS HE OKAY
DID HE EAT ANYTHING OR DRINK ANYTHING
DID YOU DISINFECT IT AND BANDAGE IT
MARK WHY DOES MY BABY LOOK LIKE THAT ?
my baby has to get wrapped up like the weeknd now
he needs bandage EVERYWHERE

markle da dingle berry🫐
i think u should talk to him urself
but idk
hes kinda
goin gthru it mentally rn
kets js say
trauma flashbacks yk ?

Worry and guilt bubbled in Donghee. What if Yeonhee went after them? What if Jaemin had gotten hurt because of her? Was he okay? Why were there so many bruises?

Donghee couldn't stop thinking about him. A part of her didn't want to be intrusive and bother him but another part wanted nothing but to be intrusive and see what happened. Was it even her place to do that though?

Just ask him girl

No don't ask him, you'll just end up bothering him

Ok and? He's the love of your life!! Make sure he's okay

But he clearly just wants some space to himself

Ok and? You two should be open to each other

But what if he ends up getting annoyed that I keep texting him and then gradually overtime he'll just end up hating me and fall out of love with me and-

GIRL!!!!!!! HE LOVES YOU JUST TEXT HIM AND SEE IF HE'S OKAY AND LET HIM KNOW YOU'RE ALWAYS THERE FOR HIM REGARDLESS

me
jaemin babe
yk i'm here right ?
idk whats going on i mean i am kinda in australia rn but like yk im always here for you and ik that sometimes you dont like opening to ppl but whenever ure comfortable to just know that you can always talk to me no matter what and idk im kinda rsmbling rn but yea just
yea

All of a sudden, Donghee's phone began ringing with Jaemin's contact photo and name popping up on her screen.

"Donghee.." Jaemin's voice was quite and shaky. And from the sound of it, he wasn't at home either. Donghee could hear the wind rustling in the background as well as leaves on the ground. It broke Donghee's heart to hear him like that.

And although she couldn't see him or where he was, she knew he sat alone slouched on the ground. On Jaemin's side, he sat there with his phone barely touching his ear. His hands were barely even able to stay still.

"Jaemin, do you wanna talk about it?" Jaemin didn't say anything but he hummed a small no in response. Everything was too much for him. There was so much going on and he didn't know how to handle it all.

"I just, wanna hear your voice." Donghee smiled behind the phone. Despite how heartbroken he seemed and how heartbroken it made her, she felt warm inside knowing she was all he needed to cheer up.

"Well, I didn't do much today.." Donghee continued to ramble on about her past week - as if Jaemin didn't already know everything about her week. Jaemin closed his eyes and laid down on the sand, yes, sand. He was in the sand pit at the park.

Regardless of where he was, hearing Donghee's voice made him feel calm. He closed his eyes and rested his hand next to his ear with his phone. He didn't pay attention to her words at all. All he could hear was what honey would sound like if it made sound, what a harp would sound like with a human voice.

All he heard was if the song Ma Belle Evangeline could talk human words.

I HATE SCHOOL😭😭😭
i've been so busy srry guys 💔💔