17.

The moon shone brightly above the female

The moon shone brightly above the female. The stars were also twinkling brightly above her. The soft yet cold gust of wind blew against her face. Something about the night made her feel at peace. Most nights, she was terrified of going outside. But it was the peaceful nights under the full moon that made her feel so calm and at peace.

She stood with her hands barely holding onto the railing. Her eyes were closed as she let the breeze hit her face, making her short hair flow with it. She felt at peace for once. Maybe it was because she discovered her mother was truly happy at one point. It probably was.

"Why do I always find you when you're deep in thought?" The blue haired male appeared beside her. Subconsciously, he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, holding her close beside him.
"You're really warm y'know." Without even thinking about her actions, she snuggled closer to the male.

Now, she was standing in front of the male. Her back was pressed close against his chest while both his arms trapped either side of her body, palms resting on the railing. Neither of them thought about the actions they were making.

"It's nice to know my mum was happy in life. Seeing her with my father as a kid made me wonder why things were the way they were. Now I know why. They never truly loved each other." Donghee leaned her head back, resting it against Jaemin's chest.

"Y'know, I used to think that love was an impossible aspect of life. Seeing someone die in the arms of their lovers on a mission made me think there was no love in the world. But then, I saw one of the members fall deeply in love, and it worked out. I thought, wow, maybe love really is possible. But that belief is now far down the drain." Jaemin recalled the deaths of multiple people, all of them having a close lover that's still alive.

"Mark tells me that love is possible if I stopped flirting with people. He says I flirt wayy too often and I sometimes give people the wrong idea. Do you think I flirt too much?"
"I think you're annoying, but I can't say you flirt."
"Me, annoying? Says the kid who keeps bleeping like a goat."
"Oh please you're the one calling me a goat so I might as well live up to it."
"Sure babe, totally believe that."
"What do you think then hm?"
"I think you're a fucking furry."
"I must be a hot one then ay?"

Jaemin looks down at the younger who was looking up at him. After his words, he sent her a wink. In response, Donghee fake gagged at him.

"C'mon love, you like it." He winked again.
"I think you look like a furry with that hair. You know, sometimes I just wanna tug at your eyebrow piercing." Donghee jokingly raised her hand although she didn't bring it close to his face.

"Speaking about piercings, I wanna get another one on my ear. Any suggestions?" Hearing his question, Donghee turned her full body around.

There was no time to process the fact that their bodies were pressed against each other. She leaned back slightly on the railing to get a better view while Jaemin turned his head to an angle.

"Hmm..I say either a conch orr~ a rook. I think a conch would suit you better though." Donghee stared at the five piercings on his ear. She wished she had those piercings but she had to save her money for better things.

"You seem to like my piercings." Jaemin smirked at her dazed expression.
"I want piercings but I don't have enough money for that." She pouted as she spoke.

She remembered her mother also having piercings. She had a lip and multiple ear piercings. As a baby, Donghee would always gently tug on her mother's lip piercing.

"Doesn't it hurt having a tongue piercing? Does food ever like tug on it?"
"Eating doesn't hurt, but I don't know if kissing hurts." A smug smirk grew as he leaned in closer.
"Do I look like I care?" Donghee lifting her hand, smacking hid head back.

Jaemin expected her to be flustered at his comment. It came a surprise when she wasn't.

"I think you're the first person who can withstand my flirty comments."
"Please, you act as if you're the only flirty person on this planet."

their dynamic is so much more different than hwajun's but I love their dynamic much more

their dynamic is so much more different than hwajun's but I love their dynamic much more. I feel like when we get further into the book, their 'relationship' is gonna be rlly confusing tho