38.

Donghee was at the hospital yet again taking care of Miss Nam

Donghee was at the hospital yet again taking care of Miss Nam. Ever since Donghee was told about the relationship that Miss Nam and her mother had, Miss Nam began to treat Donghee like her daughter.

Donghee sat on the edge of Miss Nam's bed and read quietly to her. A few days prior work, the young female went to the nearest bookstore to buy a poem book to read for the elder. She thought that reading poems may remind Miss Nam of her mother, which it did.

Miss Nam would listen intently to Donghee. Every few pages the younger read, Miss Nam would stop her and tell a story she shared with Donghee's mother. It was a fun time for the both of them.

"And as flowers bloomed, their everlasting love shone through to the eyes of others. Never wilt, never cry, never forget what soil was given to bloom such a flower. Foundation of an everlasting love, the soil and effort created by two, and the rain that fell every now and then." Donghee read the passage titled "Love created from Soil" to Miss Nam who laid there quietly.

(a/n: these arent real poems im just making them up on the spot💀💀)

Miss Nam glanced over to Donghee with a small smile. "Y'know Donghee, I'm glad that you came to this hospital. It felt very lonely until you came."
"I'm glad too, or else I would've known nothing about my life or my mum's life before me."

As the both of them smiled happily and talked quietly about how grateful they were for everything, the hospital room door opens to reveal Miss Song. She works in with a clipboard held in her arms on the side of her body.

Showing the two a smile, she says, "Himari has a last minute meeting to attend and I need you to take care of Mr Hwang until she's back. In the mean time, I can take care of Miss Nam since Yuri is in a surgery."

Donghee stands from her seat on the bed and collects her belongings to leave. "Of course, Himari won't be long, right?"
"Of course not, she'll just be there for half an hour." Miss Song smiled sweetly at the young girl and stepped aside for her to leave.

Donghee walked out the room and waved at Miss Nam just before leaving. She walked down the hall and into Mr Hwang's room. When Donghee entered, Mr Hwang scoffed and rolled his eyes at the young trainee.

She walked over to a sticky note placed on the table that basically said that Mr Hwang just needed to be supervised in case of any migraines. Donghee placed her laptop on the table and began working on her university work while occasionally looking over to the male.

After 10 (silent) minutes passed, Mr Hwang turned his head to Donghee. "Where is nurse Himari?" His voice was hoarse and quite weak despite his young age. His injury clearly didn't affect his voice, meaning that it was naturally hoarse.

"She's in a meeting, so I came to take care of you."
"Liar, she said she went to the bathroom. Where is she? Why isn't she back yet?"

Bathroom? That's not even close to what Miss Song had said to Donghee. It immediately clicked in her head that something wasn't right.