5.

Both Mark and Donghee closed their mouths immediately

Both Mark and Donghee closed their mouths immediately. Both of them turned to the irritated figure standing behind Donghee.

"Morning Jaem." Mark said with a small smile.
"Damn who shoved a stick up this guy's ass?" Donghee rolled her eyes and turned back to her bowl of oatmeal. The male, who Donghee assumed was Jaemin, slammed his empty bowl onto the table.

"I can shove a stick up your ass if you want, y'know."
"Sounds kinky, wanna try it?" Donghee turned to Jaemin. She rested an elbow on the table and her chin on the palm of her hand.
"Shall we?" Jaemin leaned in closer towards Donghee.

Mark sat on the other side of the counter, watching the interaction that was full of tension - sexual tension, he thought to himself.

"How about you guys-"
"Let's." Donghee said. She brought her hand up to his forehead, giving him a strong flick on the head.

"YAH!" Jaemin yelled, turning to Donghee with furious eyes.
"You either shut the fuck up, or fuck off. The choice is yours babe." Donghee winks at Jaemin. She got up from her seat, placing her bowl into the sink and walking over to Mark.

"Dude can you get one of them to drive me home when you're done?"
"Don't know, I barely talk to them anymore. I'll try though." Mark replies with a smile.

. . .

It was decided that Jaehyun was going to drive Donghee home. Donghee sat in the passenger seat of his Porsche Taycan, looking at all the precise details of the seats.

"Nice car. Porsche Taycans are expensive, how much was it?" Donghee turns to Jaehyun, who was getting himself seated.
"$180,100. Money earned from drug deals." Jaehyun didn't bother to look at Donghee.

"Can I ask you something?" Jaehyun didn't respond. "Is Donghyuck always an asshole or is he just an asshole to me?"

Donghee looked out the the window. She watched as other cars passed them. Her eyes trailed back on the multiple people that walked outside - either by themselves or in a group of people.

"Listen, I don't you well to know why he hates you. I'm also not a therapist." His tone was cold with no emotion.
It did surprise Donghee slightly. Earlier at breakfast when she spoke to him, his voice was very gentle but now his voice was cold and almost like venom.

Donghee didn't respond. She remained quiet for the rest of the ride. The silence wasn't exactly comfortable, but it also wasn't awkward. Donghee kept her eyes outside the window fro the rest for the rest of the ride.

At least 40 minutes when they finally arrived back at Donghee's apartment. She muttered a quiet 'thank you', knowing well that he wouldn't acknowledge it anyway.

Donghee walked into the tall building, walking towards the elevator. After going up to her desired floor, she walked out the elevator. She walked to her apartment, unlocking the doo rand walking inside.

She left her shoes beside the door. She dragged her feet towards the light brown door, opening it and sluggishly walked to her bed. She lied with her face pressed against the sheets of her bed.

"My own brother hates me.." She muttered quietly. She wasn't one to be sensitive about the bond between her and her brother, but sometimes, she just wanted to cry until her eyes were numb. Sometimes she wished Mark was her brother.

Donghee suppressed the thoughts, pushing herself off the bed, she walked over to her wardrobe, opened one of the drawers and taking out the journal from under her clothes. She placed the journal into the bag she'd bring to work.

There was no energy left in her to read the journal. She just wanted to sleep. She dragged herself into the bathroom, doing her night routine, before going back into her bedroom. Within five minutes of lying in bed, Donghee had already fallen to sleep.

Her last thought before sleeping - What did I do to be hated?

. . .

"Thanks for helping me bathe her, Donghee." Yuri spoke with a smile while getting a towel for Jihyeon's hair. The both of them just finished bathing and dressing Jihyeon.

Though the job was somewhat easy for Yuri, Donghee struggled greatly. Thankfully though, Yuri helped her through the process.

"Of course. It's my training anyways." Donghee replies with a smile in return. Jihyeon, in Donghee's opinion, was surprisingly quiet. Miss Nam lied quietly in bed but her eyes lingered on Donghee's every move.

"You.." Miss Nam said quietly. Both Yuri and Donghee turned to Jihyeon in unison.
"Miss Nam, do you need anything?" Yuri asked quietly. Although Jihyeon only spoke one word, it was as if her tone had control on the atmosphere of the room.

"Lee Daehyun.." Jihyeon muttered. Yuri turned her head from Jihyeon to Donghee who looked at Jihyeon with a clenched jaw. "You look just like him," Jihyeon said.
"Please don't mention that name to me." Donghee replied as calm as possible.

It was sickening. No matter who spoke the name, it always managed to disgust her. Not a day went by when she didn't stop hating that man. His name, his face, his actions - everything. She hated it.

"Why? I thought he-"
"I don't like to associate myself with..that name. So please, don't mention that name when I'm around." She took a deep breath, controlling herself from going absolutely feral.

OK SO I DIDNT REALISE I MATCHED DONGHEES PERSONALITY TO MUTE UNTIL A DAY AFTER I WROTE THISbc while planning bandage I was like ok let's give her a flirtatious personality bc fucking why not and then a day after I wrote this chap, I reread the cha...

bc while planning bandage I was like ok let's give her a flirtatious personality bc fucking why not and then a day after I wrote this chap, I reread the chap that introduced donghee in mute and I was like
IM SO SMART OMG