Chapter 12 - What's Deserved

You sat in an interrogation room at the police station, your hands shaking as an officer came in and gave you some water.

"Miguel will be here soon." She said before leaving.

You placed your head on the table and started crying softly.

You grabbed the glass and threw it at the wall as you screamed.

The door opened and someone ran in and grabbed you as you screamed.

"Y/N! Calm down, baby!" Miguel shouted as you sobbed and stopped fighting.

"I hate you! I hate you so much..." You whispered breaking down in tears.

Miguel turned you around and hugged you tightly while you sobbed in his arms.

You gripped onto him and cried as he ran his hand through your hair.

"It's okay, baby. It's okay." He whispered, holding your shaking body.

"You betrayed me." You whispered, he felt guiltier than he ever had.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, baby. I had to do this... This has nothing to do with you, you just got caught up in the middle." He replied, playing with your hair trying to soothe you.

"Come on, let's get you out of here." He said taking your hand and leading you out of the room and into his office.

"You're a Captain?" You muttered as he sat you down on his chair and grabbed a blanket to cover you with it.

"I am, darling. Can I get anything for you? Are you hungry, do you need water?" He asked as you glared at him.

"Why did you do it... I don't understand." You growled, as he sighed and reached forward to hold your face in his hand.

"When everything went down at the club, another gang was there... One I had been undercover with as Mateo, they were in business with one of the highest sex traffickers. Macy and I staged it all and used you as bait to find him." He explained as you stood up and slapped him, it barely effected him.

"I deserve that..." He muttered as you stared at him and cried softly.

"I know I've lost your trust... And I never ever wanted to hurt you, but this was the only way to save countless girls like you." He said as you leapt forward and hugged him tightly.

"I'm still angry." You whispered as he held you tightly.

"I know, baby. I know..." He whispered, holding you tightly.

"Let's get you home, okay?"

--

You laid in Miguel's bed, feeling the soft sheets.

Miguel came back into the room and sat on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as you looked up at him.

"I'm so tired..." You whispered, Miguel looked at you sadly.

"Is Macy okay?" You muttered making him smile softly.

"Yes, sweetheart. She was wearing a bulletproof vest." He replied as you nodded.

"Can you sleep with me? I want to sleep but...not alone." You whispered, he nodded and crawled under the sheets with you letting you cuddle into him.

"I'm so sorry for everything, Y/N." He whispered, running his hand through your hair. 

“If it took all of this to happen for me to be safe…and to be with you, maybe it was worth it.” You muttered as he smiled and looked down at you, brushing your hair out of your face. 

“I promise that I’ll make it up to you, Y/N. After everything you’ve been through you deserve to be taken care of.” He whispered, bringing you closer to kiss you softly. 

“I think we both deserve a quiet life.”