Chapter 2 - Protective

You woke up the next morning and stared at your terrible run down studio apartment, you prayed this new job would help you pay for a better apartment.

You got into some revealing fitnesswear, deciding that was the best thing to train in and also the only other clothes you had that weren't oversized winter coats or pjs.

You sighed and grabbed your bag before covering your body up and leaving for the club.

You kept your coat around you as much as you could, knowing that this part of town was dangerous for someone like you, especially with what you were wearing.

You finally made it to the club and out of the cold, sighing when you felt the warmth.

"There's the star I was hoping to see. You just light up a room, don't you darling?" You heard Miguel say as your eyes landed on him and you smiled sheepishly.

He sauntered his way over to you and slowly took your coat off and hung it up for you.

He looked you up and down hungrily and smiled.

"Now, before you start practicing I want you to remember something. You're here to dance for these men and women, but under no circumstances are they ever allowed to have sex with you. They can touch you if they pay for the private room but that is it. You're my girl now, Y/N." He said tilting your chin up to look at him.

"That means that you're mine and under my protection. So, I will know everything, everyone that touches you, everyone that even looks at you, if you want to be here you need to know that your life is mine now. Whatever you do, whoever you see, everything, I'll know." He said as you looked at him with fear in your eyes.

"I don't mean to scare you, sweetheart. I'm making sure I keep you safe, there's a lot of men that come in here that think rules don't apply to them. You're my girl now and it's my duty to keep my girls safe, okay?" He said, holding your face in his large hand.

You nodded and smiled a little.

"I've got some business to attend to, Macy up there will be training you. I'll come back later to see how you're going." He said as you nodded and watched him leave.

--

After four hours Macy was impressed with how much you knew.

"Have you done this before?" Macy asked as you chuckled a little.

"No, I'm just used to fitting in to whatever roll I have to play." You said as Macy nodded.

"Well, don't you worry, doll. We've all got dirty pasts here, you came to the right place. Don't let boss scare you, he has some dodgy customers that pay big bucks. He's just protective of us, he's a scary guy, he kills people but when it comes to us he would give us the shirt off his back to make sure we were safe. Rumour has it he has a soft spot for fatherless daughters." She said with a wink making you chuckle softly.

"I hope you've been treating our new girl well, Macy." You heard Miguel say as you turned around to see him walking into the room.

He came up to the stage and smiled down at you.

"What can I say, she's a natural. There's something about her that even makes something inside me tingle." Macy said as she wrapped her arms around you from behind making you chuckle.

"Well, that's all I can hope for isn't it. Y/N, why don't you join me for some lunch? We can talk over some business." Miguel said gently taking your hand.

You let him lead you to his office where he had some lunch from what you assumed was an expensive 'take out' store.

"Now, something I've noticed is that you're quite skinny. And the last thing I need is for you to faint on stage, so you need to be eating three meals a day and if that's difficult because of money than you tell me, okay? Are you able to afford three meals a day?" He asked seeming actually worried.

You sat down and looked away from him.

"Well... It depends what you consider a meal." You muttered making him chuckle and sit across from you at his desk.

"I'll take that as a no, until you start working up some money here I'm going to give you some extra money to afford actual meals everyday." He said as you looked at him in shock.

"You really don't have to do that, sir." You replied as Miguel looked at you with an unamused look on his face.

"I wasn't asking if I could, darling. My job is to keep you safe and healthy and that's exactly what I'm going to do. Now, what's your living situation?" He asked as you looked away from him again.

"Just a cheap studio apartment 20 minutes away." You replied as he nodded and began to write down a number.

He handed you the piece of paper with the number on it.

"Call this number and tell them you need some security sorted out and that I sent you. Someone will come and install locks and other security measures at your apartment. A young woman like you needs to be safe, especially with your job now. Alright, now that's all over why don't we eat?" He said with a smile on his face.

"That sounds like a good plan."