Ch. XVI [16] ♡

Bia woke up from the nap she'd been taking and stretched, not too different from a cat. Cedric was nowhere to be found, seeing as he was at work. if he was around, she'd go bother him. and Angel wasn't good because he was on a typical sleep schedule. in the middle of the night, he's dead asleep.

she opted to go for a walk to get some fresh air. Cedric constantly told her not to walk at night by herself, but she needed to get out of that shoebox they call a home. the nighttime didn't present any threat, and if it did, she was a vampire! she could defend herself.

a building tucked away and nestled into the shadows of the city had drawn her to it. she'd been there before, meeting a lot of intriguing vampires that have a very interesting occupation.

it was a high-end, exclusively vampire brothel that Bia had accidentally stumbled upon when she was mistaken for one of the workers by the owner. when Cedric came to collect her, her and the owner became good friends, as well as cordial with a good amount of the workers.

Bia slinked past the souls that loitered in the alley outside and opened the door, some of the vampires immediately recognizing her and greeting her. she smiled back, happy to see so many friendly faces.

"wouldn't Cedric kill you if he found out you were here?" one of them laughed from the lap of a client.

Bia shrugged. "i don't care; i love coming here... even though a lot of you are hoes."

they laughed at her joke and asked what brought her around.

"looking for Phoenix; i wanna talk to him about something!" when Bia first arrived, she just wanted to hang out with the boys at the brothel, but she formed an idea that she wanted to discuss with Phoenix, the aforementioned owner-the head vampire in charge.

"oh, honey, i think he's with a client right now; i don't know if he'll be able to get to you."

she shrugged again. "it's fine; just tell me what room he's in. i can wait."

"hm, alright. he's on the second floor, first room on the right as you walk up the stairs!"

Bia thanked him and walked away up the stairs.

"isn't she the cutest?"

the others agreed.

-

Cedric's unceremonious shift at the auto repair shop had come to an end, and he slinked out before his supervisor could catch him and give him another shift. the sun was threatening to come up in an hour or two, and he was just ready to get home and see Bia.

unfortunately, he walked into a completely empty apartment.

"f*ck." he growled in annoyance and hurriedly ran out of the building, wondering where the hell the girl got off to.

it was convenient for Cedric simply because of the fact that the sharing of blood between them built such a strong tether. he was compelled to walk in a particular direction-a direction that he knew what building was there. he sighed and shook his head as he stalked past the loiterers that Bia did earlier into the brothel.

"where's Bia?" he asked the workers, knowing that they knew exactly where she was.

"um, what? who's Bia? i don't know who that is! do you guys?" said one nervously.