eight

Embarrassing

SHAME WAS NOT something Delilah often felt when she did what she wanted

SHAME WAS NOT something Delilah often felt when she did what she wanted. She usually felt liberated. Her choices she made were who she was. It would something she'd never change her mind about. Even if her mind was at the point of a blackout drunk, she usually didn't regret it.

Lip had a horrible magnetic pull. It should be studied, seriously. A single look sent Delilah into a frenzy. Her flame was bright that night, but it didn't have a chance for sparks to fly.

Her whole life revolved around taking care of others. The things was, Lip was one of the people who liked to take care of her. He did things he didn't have to.

When she was bullied at age 9, Lip came to her defense. When she was 15 and a nude of hers she'd been influenced to send had been sent to the whole school, he beat the shit out of the junior that sent it. When she was 16, the guy who'd been on top of her the whole party, who'd been persistent the whole night, was beaten bloody by him. Then recently, with Kyle, Lip came and showed up for Delilah again.

That was his charm. He showed up. Whether it was with just Ian, or Kev, or even the whole Gallagher clan. She loved that about him, about all of them. So, when the Gallagher's showed up at her house with a scheme, how could she say no? They were more family than her mother ever would be.

The bitter winter pecked at Delilah's dried out skin. Her thoughts of Lip have been running wild. They took control of every corner of her mind. It was very possible Delilah's crush had grown into something a little more. It warmed her chest to thing about, made her spine tingle. It was passion, it was fire. Pure appeal.

"Delilah," Liberty spoke making Delilah pull herself out of the daze that were her clustered thoughts. It made Liberty giggle, Delilah's startled face. "I was just wondering if you knew when Tracy would be back?"

"I'm not sure. I think she threw her phone away in protest of technology again. She said she scared the government's listening to her," Delilah replied and Liberty raised her eyebrows with confusion.

EVERYONE WAS OVER tonight. Including Karen. Envy bubbled in the depths of Delilah's stomach. She felt sick as she walked past the girl, she ignored her whole presence even when Karen tried to wave.

So, while ignoring Lip and Karen, Kev and V walked in with a new addition to their couple. A child.

"Hey, hey, I want you guys to meet our new daughter," Kev announced and Delilah peaked out of the kitchen doorway to find them with a girl who looked like she walked out of a history book.

"Foster daughter," V corrected, and walked into the kitchen. She smiled at Liberty who stood behind Delilah intrigued.

"Why you gotta do that?" Kev complained.