five

Catch The Bouquet

DELILAH TOOK LONG drags off of her cigarette

DELILAH TOOK LONG drags off of her cigarette. She watched as Veronica walked into the Gallagher's home. Liberty had probably been playing with Carl or Debbie, talking about kid stuff. Tracy was home and the house was trashed. Go figure.

"Gonna kill yourself with the smoking," her mother's raspy voice pulled her out of a daydream. She was in sunny California and not in the very dreadful Chicago.

Delilah looked up to find her outside in just her pink fuzzy robe. The sixteen year old sighed, and handed her cigarette to her mother.

"Have it. I'm getting my check today."

Her mother squealed in delight, but Delilah chuckled.

"I have to get it in person. It isn't by mail anymore," Delilah informed her excited mother, she deflated and smoked the clip silently. Delilah made her way over to the Gallagher's and felt the gloom slowly lift as she crossed the street.

FOR THE RECORD, when Ian dragged Delilah out of the house, she didn't expect the plan they had in mind. It was always something out of the sorts, but of course it was essentially for V and Kev.

"Why do I have to do it?" Carl complained as they walked through the church, Delilah trailing behind Lip, her eyes lingering on the intricate stained glass.

Delilah chuckled, catching up with them. "Just think of it as an adventure, Carl. Like a mission impossible, but in a church. Plus you're the only one who could be an altar boy."

He shot her a dubious look, but the corners of his mouth twitched into a reluctant smile. Liberty would probably find it cool.

"We'll stop it before anything goes down. Or anyone," Ian quipped causing Delilah to playfully slap him against the chest. He smiled back at her, dodging her predictable move.

They reached the priest's office door, so Ian knocked. The door was wide open.

"The Gallagher boys and their little friend, Ms Mitchell. If you're here to steal the offering basket, you're out of luck. Already off to the bank," The pastor broke it to them.

"No, Carl here is interested in being an altar boy," Ian interrupted, snatching Carl's hat off of his head.

"That's a big responsibility," The pastor warned.

"Yeah, we tried talking him out of it. But he cried, so we thought we'd bring him in. See if you thought he had what it takes," Lip explained and the priest bent down to face Carl.

"Hello there, Carl."

Delilah grimaced at the tone he spoke to him in as Lip whispered in Carl's ear. He patted his back, and we left him alone.