News

It was morning in Japan. Lincoln had woken up and his mother was making breakfast for them. He took a look at his new house. He thought it was beautiful. It looked clean. "Hi, sweetheart!" he heard what sounded like his mother's voice. He then walked into that area which turned out to be the kitchen.

He saw his mother wearing a nightgown, and she was in front of the stove making what looked like bacon and eggs. "Hey, ma." Lincoln said. "Are you hungry?" Sumiko asked. "Very." Lincoln said. "Good because eat up." Sumiko said as she brought him a plate of eggs, bacon, toast and hash browns.

"Arigato!" Lincoln said. "You know Japanese?" Sumiko asked. "I know quite a bit of it, actually." Lincoln said. "Well, looks like you don't need a Japanese class, then." Sumiko said, "Speaking of classes, we're going to the local private school and we're going to sign you up there. That's where your older cousin goes too.". "I have other cousins?" Lincoln asked. "Hai. Three of them. Their names are Miyako and Fuji who are your aunt Miyabi's children and then there's Brittney who is your late uncle Aaron's child." Sumiko said, "We may meet Brittney, Chiyo, Miyabi, Miyako and Fuji today after your school meeting and getting you new clothes.". "That sounds fun!" Lincoln said excited.

Meanwhile, in Royal Woods, it is in the Louds parents' bedroom.

"What is it, Rita? I just got home from work, and I didn't get time to relax, what do you want?" Lynn Sr. said, a little irritated. "Lynn, I have something to say. I know you're not going to like it." Rita said.

In the attic, Lucy is casting a spell to get in touch with dead relatives. Suddenly, she hears a voice that calls her name. "Lucy..." the voice sounded whispery and low. "W-who are you?" Lucy asked. She sensed the voice knew her mother and grandfather very well. 

"My... name is... Aaron Kelly..." the voice said, "Look into the boxes and you will learn more of me. You will learn what your mother has kept secret from you for all your life.". 

Silence. The ghost named Aaron must've gone away. 

"Kelly... Mom's maiden name is Kelly..." Lucy said.

Back in the master bedroom...

"I want a divorce, Lynn." Rita said. 

That hit Lynn Sr. like bricks. "What?! Why?!" Lynn Sr. asked. "I don't like what you've been doing to this family. I don't like what has happened for the past 5 months. I don't like what you, and some of our daughters, especially, Luna, Lola and Lynn have been doing. I feel I need to... break off... permanently." Rita said. "Rita, why- I-" Lynn Sr. stuttered, "You can't be doing this, Rita, what about our children?". "Oh, I won't be taking all of them. I'm definitely taking Lily. She's completely out of the question for you, Lynn." Rita said. 

Back in Sakura No Hana, Lincoln and Sumiko are now ready to go out for a bit. As they go to the car, Lincoln asks, "Hey, ma, where are we going for my clothes?". "Nagano." Sumiko answered, "but first, we must go to your new school.". Lincoln nodded.

10 minutes later...

In the car, Lincoln notices a picture. It's Sumiko, who is much younger in this picture, and beside her is a girl who looked to be her age at the time. "Ma, who's this?" Lincoln asked. "Oh, that was Jessica Monroe. My... best friend..." Sumiko trailed off. "What's wrong, ma?" Lincoln asked. "Oh, it's nothing..." Sumiko said quietly.

"What is it? Did something bad happen to her?" Lincoln asked. "Yeah, she... committed suicide... in 2004..." Sumiko said quietly with her voice cracking, "She had the same situation as you did.". "Really?" Lincoln asked. "That's right." Sumiko said. "In 2002, Her parents threw her out when she was only 18... I have to pull over.". The white-haired matriarch then pulled her car over. 

She sighed. "What happened to this girl, mom?" Lincoln asked. "Her parents threw her out immediately after she graduated. She had nowhere to go, her older brothers couldn't take her in because they were both way too busy with their own families and trying to get a paycheck in and me? I tried everything I could. Your pop-pop and Grandma Akiko wouldn't allow her in. She was extremely depressed and... then... she... just couldn't take it anymore... I still have her suicide note and the last video she ever made before she died." Sumiko explains.

"Wow... I'm sorry..." Lincoln said. Suddenly, Sumiko let out sobs and started weeping. "I feel like I could've done something more. I feel like it's partially my fault. And hearing what the Louds did to you just... I have been thinking... what if I hadn't made it in time?" she said. That struck Lincoln. He couldn't ever imagine putting his mother through that.

"Mom, mom... listen to me... I'm here now and I will never harm myself like that. I could never put you through that pain." Lincoln said, comforting her. "I know you wouldn't do that. I just know." Sumiko said, in a tone that wasn't as sad, "You're my baby. I know you wouldn't.". She then smiled as she kissed her son's temple. "Let's go."

To be continued...

End of chapter 11.