Hello, Japan

Tokyo International Airport, Tokyo, Japan

Lincoln and Sumiko were stepping out of the jetway and into the airport. Lincoln was amazed at what he had seen. 

"Lincoln... welcome to Japan. This is where your new life is. You'll be living here from now on." Sumiko said. Lincoln turned his head to her. She looked back at him and smiled. 

This was it. This was where a new chapter for Lincoln's life begins.

This is Lincoln's New Life.

It cuts to the parking lot.

"So, which car is yours?" Lincoln asked. "You'll see." Sumiko said.

As they walked and walked, Sumiko took a key out of her purse and clicked the button. There then was a distant chirp as the woman said, "Right there" and pointed straight ahead. "Wow, sweet car, ma!" Lincoln said as she smiled.

After getting in, Sumiko said, "You ready to go? Because it's a long drive

After getting in, Sumiko said, "You ready to go? Because it's a long drive.". "I'm ready, ma." Lincoln said. "Good. Let's go." Sumiko said as they drove out.

Meanwhile as they're driving, Lincoln notices a picture hanging off the rearview mirror.

(A photo of a young, teenage, 19-year-old Sumiko, taken in 2003 in Osaka)

"Is that you, ma?" Lincoln asked. "Hmm? Oh, yep. That's me when I was just a little teenage girl." Sumiko said. "Your eyes seemed much greener here." Lincoln said. "Oh, that's because of the lighting. My eyes are hazel, like my grandmother's. The light in that really brought out the green. Hazel eyes are really weird." Sumiko said, "You also got your hazel eyes from me.". 

(A/N: My older half-sister's eyes are hazel, and they can look either really green or really brown in the right light.)

"You haven't aged at all. Well, I mean you have, but not like Rita." Lincoln said. "You think so?" Sumiko asked. Sumiko knew it was true. I mean Rita has not aged well at all while Sumiko and Miyabi have aged like wine. Almost in their 40s but still gorgeous. Well, that's the difference between having 10 children vs having 1 or 2. Well, Akiko, who is Sumiko's, Miyabi's, and Rita's mother had 4 children and she didn't look too bad for her age but still, that's 4 vs 10.

"You also looked pretty... alternative." Lincoln said. "Yep. 2002-2005 was the big alt phase in my life. I thought it would stay forever but it didn't." Sumiko said.

"Or at least I think it didn't." she muttered under her breath.

After a while, they finally reached a sign that said, "いよいよ長野県に入ります Now entering Nagano prefecture". "What is a prefecture?" Lincoln asked. "A prefecture is like a county." Sumiko said. "Is Nagano a nice place?" Lincoln asked. "Oh, it's beautiful." Sumiko said, "I think you'll love the town we're going to.". "What is it called?" Lincoln asked. "Sakura No Hana. It's a very isolated town. I love it." Sumiko said. "Like, rural?" Lincoln asked. "Oh, very. There's only about 2,000-4,000 people that live there." Sumiko said, "Lots of farmland and rural space.". "Do you- or we live on a farm?" Lincoln asked. "No, but we do have the space." Sumiko said, "I'd love to own horses, cows, pigs, goats, ducks, and chickens, though. I would also love to have a massive field. That would be amazing.". "Hmm." Lincoln said. 

"We only have... 33 kilometers to go. That's equal to a little above 20 miles to go." Sumiko said to her son. "I can't wait." Lincoln said, excited for his new life.

To be continued...

End of chapter 8.