Perfect... Well... Almost ⚝ Chapter 15

April 23, 2014

Virginia hadn't gone to Fury's 'grave' with Steve and Natasha to help make Fury's death more realistic if friends were visiting the resting place.

She had gone to meet her former boss's son; Tony Stark. Steve had told Virginia stories about Tony which helped her draw a conclusion on how to act around him. She was trying to be a bit laid back, whether or not that would happen is a different story.

Ginny had always been formal and professional when it came to people she didn't know well. So she wore something that was nice but she was trying to act more laid back. Her hair was actually down for the first time in years.

She waited in the waiting room tapping her foot trying to get rid of her nerves as she tried to read the book in her hands, even though her mind would not comprehend a single word in the book.

Why was she so nervous? Her phone buzzed in her pocket and she looked down and saw Agent Romanoff - Nat texted her. She had been trying to be less formal around these people but she was so used to being the hard working business woman.

Sam was the one who broke through to Virginia when he called her a workaholic. Steve had obviously thought that was a bad idea as he had watched wide eyed, but had defused by trying to get Ginny to try and join the Avengers which is why she sat where she was.

The door in front of her then opened and Virignina watched as Maria Hill walked out with a large smile. She was followed by a man with a goatee who was wearing black dress pants, an AC/DC T-shirt with a blazer on top. Virginia could only assume that it was Tony Stark.

"Good luck" Maria whispered to Ginny as she walked by.

"Doc, you wanna come in, or do ya wanna just sit there" Tony asked with a smirk that entirely matched the personality everyone said he has. Virginia stood up and smiled. And walked into the room trying to seem calm.

She walked into the room where there was a sheet of paper, and a chess board. Tony was standing there smiling a questioning smirk. If he was anything like Howard, she had to make it clear she wasn't interested in anything while still being more friendly than normal.

"So, Doc," Tony smirked and Virginia got scared he was going to flirt. "You're a capsicle too?" this utterly confused Ginny

"Pardon?" She asked and leaned forwarded trying to hear him better

"You were frozen in ice like Cap, right?" His smirk faded as she didn't get his slight throw at humor.

"Not quite, I was in a thing called Cryo Freeze, it has the same outcome, just more controlled and faster."

"Sometime you will need to explain to me and Brucie how that works."

"I'm sorry, Brucie? As in Bruce Banner?" Virginia's eyes lit up. She had read about him and even without his... big green problem he would have fascinated her anyday.

"Yeah, I tried Jolly Green but it just didn't stick. See here, okay. Doc, I think I like you but for legal reasons I need to give you some quizzes to see if you qualify." Tony explained solemnly. To be quite honest, He was nothing like Ginny thought he would be like.

She knew he would be informal, but...not so easy to appease. He seemingly trusted her, you know, maybe Steve probably told Tony all about her. Because that just seems like something he would do.

"Alright," She nodded like she was answering a question that wasn't asked. Tony glanced at a paper and back at the chessboard, only to make a first move. He moved one black pawn.

"Is this possible?" he asked.

The normal eye, if they had known the rules of chess, would have said no. Simply because white always goes first. But, Knights could jump and go backwards.