Can't Count Without One

Some Time Later

There was a plan, but it was not guaranteed. Everyone split apart to find clues. When she walked around, there was nothing. She was wondering if they came to the right site. It was just a barren wasteland.

As she turned around, there he stood. He stared at her with an evil look. She didn't think she'd have to see him again.

"Looking for something, or someone?" He hissed coldly through his teeth.

She tilted her head a little. It was the same the same guy from the picture Douglas had shown. "You."

"So you've seen me before?" He walked closer. He was now about four feet away.

"What has he done." She mumbled to herself.

He pulled out a laser bo, except it was different. "Say goodbye."

She took a deep breath waiting for it to swing.

"Bree!"

Bree jumped as she look at her surroundings. Kaz and Oliver had a worry expression. She had zone out for five minutes. "What happened?"

"I don't know. You tell us." Kaz says.

"The war, the soldiers. This is bad!" Bree exclaims. She stands up ready to walk out the cafeteria.

"What soldiers?" Olivers asks.

Bree places a hand on her forehead then turns back around to face them. "Come with me." She takes their hands and leads them up to where her brothers are. They get there in no time.

Kaz and Oliver stand still for a moment to get their balance. Adam, Leo, and Chase look at Bree.The looks on their faces weren't the best.

"Bree who are they?" Chase demands in a low voice.

Bree whispers back, "they're friends."

Leo looks at them and smiles. "I'm Leo. You are?"

"I'm Kaz and that's Oliver."

"Cool, I'm Adam and that's Chase." Adam pats Chase in the back, but purposely hurts him. Chase turns his head giving Adam a glare.

"Chase I just realized that the soldiers are on the loose." Bree says.

Kaz looks at the group, "again what soldiers?"

"We'll explain later." Chase lies. He doesn't want other people to know about their problems, especially two boys around their age.

Adam shakes his head and pulls out his phone. "Bree, I think I have that covered." He dials a number on his phone. "Hey S-3, do you mind getting us to our house."

The group can hear mumbles from the phone, but can't figure out what the person is saying.

"Okay thanks." Adam hangs up.

"Adam, who was that?" Leo questions.

Adam grins back at the group, "wait for it..."

Suddenly a small group of teens dressed in black appear before the group. One of them says, "Adam, I received your call."

"Yeah. Guys, meet S-3." Adam says.

S-3 waves at them and looks at his siblings. "Hey. By the way that's my brother and sister, S-12 and S-9."

Oliver nods uncomfortably as he looks at the soldiers wave to him. Why would they be named S with a number.

Bree's eyes grow wide as she looks at S-3. Chase has the same reaction. S-3 approaches them with a warm smile. "Nice to meet you friends."