Chapter 5: Annoying Curse

ganbare episode.

.

.

.

.

"Our 'window' confirmed the cursed womb's existence about three hours ago. When the evacuation guide was at 90%, we closed the facility after evaluating the scene. At the inmate's hospital 2nd lodge...five patients were left there with the cursed womb." the voice explained.

"If the cursed womb can metamorphose..we predict that it will become a high-grade cursed spirit," it's Ijichi Kyotaka, the magic college assistant director. You have a thought that this dude looks so boring and weak.

Of course you didn't dare to spit it out. It might hurt his heart though you didn't give a damn bullshit about that for him. "Hey, I still don't really get all this high-grade stuff." you sweat drop with Yuji's sudden dumb statement then Ijichi helps him explain it with simple meaning.

"Naturally, shamans with an equal level to the cursed spirits are assigned missions. In today's case, that would be someone like Gojo-sensei huh."

"So where's Gojo-sensei?" you turn around, looking for the figure that is supposed to be here but too bad, no one.

"He's on a business trip. In the first place, he can't just hang around in the school. He's talented. This industry always has a labour shortage. Many shamans have taken missions beyond their capabilities. But it's time, it's an emergency, and there's an anomaly." Ijichi explained.

You feel a little annoyed. Like, why the fuck you four need to do these? You four are just too newbie, and this dude says there is a high-grade cursed inside this building. What kind of shit are they joking with you?

'Don't make me laugh,' you thought while rolling your eyes. You kinda piss off 'cause this is a perfect time where you're taking a short nap. You're so pissed off that you didn't want to pay attention to Ijichi's lecturer.

"Excuse me! Excuse me!" a woman's voice catches your attention. "Is Tadashi...is my son okay??" a woman that you guess around 40s asks with a concerned look.

You froze, Yuji looked guilty. "..." you look at the woman with a speechless expression on your face. You frown, why are those sentences familiar in your ear? You quickly shook your head away.

"Fushiguro, Kugisaki, y/n," Yuji turned to the three of you, "we're going to save them!"

❅ ☂ ☀ ☁ ✭

" 'The Screen'..it's because the residential district is nearby, the screen hides us from outside." Megumi explained, as you nod in understanding. "It's almost night-time!" Yuji was amazed.

You saw Megumi summon his demon dog and talk about something. You look around, sensing something wrong with this place. You know this place got high-grade cursed but you didn't expect such a heavy aura like this.

You both get inside the building, as you notice the door was closed after you entered. You're not surprised, just feeling a bit uneasy. "Where's the gate?!" Megumi sudden yells makes everyone's eyes on you and the gate that just closed.

"The door disappeared! Why?! We just came in through that door, right!?" both Yuji and Nobara panic, doing a ritual or something you don't know.

Megumi's gaze on you without you noticing, narrowing his eyes. You indeed look calm. He thought you're going to join those two but you instead like...is thinking about something deeply. He is glad the fact that he is not the only one is normal in the group but he finds out it's a bit foreign with how mature you are when facing such a panic situation.