Chapter 7 - An accident

Hwang In woo was still lying on the bed even though it was time to go to work. And Park Soo ah was standing beside the bed with hands on her hips, sighing as she failed to wake him up. 

“looks like I have to go by bus” she mumbled to herself as she stuck a note to the fridge that said the hangover soup is on the table.

Yesterday was a bit messy for her. Crying infront of Sanha and leaning on him. And what happened after that was so awkward. They were both more embarrassed to even look at each other. 

Soo ah was walking to the bus stop. That's when she suddenly got a call. It was Sanha. Hesitantly she took the call.

"Hey,” he said.

“Yeah. Why did you call me ? Is there any problem” she asked him robotically

“Uh, No no I just wanted to make sure you are okay. You know, all the things that happened yesterday and I… You know…” he said, struggling to find the right word.

She slightly smiled and replied, “ Thank you for worrying about me. And I am totally fi-, No, you know what I am not that fine. But it’s fine because it actually doesn't matter now. And Han bin? Tell him to fuck off”, She panted, but suddenly realised its Sanha on the call. “ Oh my god, I said too much. Forget it. Delete it right now.”

“Park Soo ah shi. It’s okay. I don’t even know what you are talking about. Calm down” Sanha chuckled.

She was confused at first then she realised he is just acting like he doesn't remember so that she won’t feel burdened. She smiled as she said, “ Thank you. Anyway let’s see at w-'' She couldn’t complete it. 

“ yeoboseyo, Soo ah shi. Soo ah shi, are you there” Sanha practically started to yell at the phone. But nothing came in response. All he could hear was some muffled conversation and blaring horns. He started to panic.

But the moment he started to hang up the phone a rough male voice came from the other side, “ Hello, is this a friend of this young lady?” 

“Yes,yes I am,” He replied.

“This lady just got into an accident. She only has minor injuries but is unconscious. She’s now on the way to the City hospital.”

“Oh, Thank you so much. I am coming right now. Thank you so much for picking the phone” Sanha breathed out. He rushed to the hospital without thinking twice.

*********************

Soo ah fluttered her eyes open to a tensed looking Sanha. For a moment she couldn't figure out where she was. Then everything came to her mind. A car coming just in her direction and she falling down from the shock and her head hitting on a stone and losing consciousness. And how she was on a call with Sanha when that happened. Now everything made sense to her. 

All this time Sanha was eagerly waiting to say something but hold himself back so that Soo ah could think. 

“Hey” Soo ah voiced out tiredly and tried to sit up. Without saying anything Sanha helped her. After making sure she's comfortable he sat down and asked,

“How do you feel ?Are you okay ? Do you feel sore anywhere? Do you need to eat anything or drink? Oh yes I forgot to get the doctor. Wait, I'll be right back”.

Without letting Soo ah process anything he said right now, he swiftly got up and went outside. 

Soo ah was stunned for a minute and then chuckled at the thought of the nervous man. She looked around the hospital room and realised that it's VIP room and figured Sanha must have paid for this. She shook her head and smiled thinking how overthinking Sanha can be at times.