20~ Books and flowers

INSTAGRAM STRANGER>-12

INSTAGRAM STRANGER>
-12.03.2024-

ִֶָ 𓂃˖˳·˖ ִֶָ ⋆★⋆  ִֶָ˖·˳˖𓂃 ִֶָ

Jungkook's mother's voice echoed through the phone, "Ahh Eomma! Don't shout at me. Shout at Hyung like he didn't even tell us that he is coming. It's not my fault—alright alright, I'll clean the house. Can't you just come home before them? No? Alright, I'll just call Jin Hyung and Jimin."

He dropped himself onto the couch with a sigh. The news of his brother's imminent return in a week overwhelmed him.

"Why do I need to clean the house if Hyung is the one who is coming back? Should I call Jimin and Jin Hyung now? But I still have 6 days. I'll do everything later," Jungkook muttered.

"Why is he still not calling me? It's already 10 pm," he said, pouting. It had become a habit for Kim Van to call Jungkook every day and chat with him for at least an hour.

Jungkook waited a few seconds more, but when his patience wore thin, he grabbed his phone and dialed Van's number. After a few rings, Van picked up the call.

Jungkook bit his lip as he heard, "Baby? How is my baby doing? I'm sorry, love, I was a little bit busy today because of my tight schedule," Van's deep voice resonated through the phone.

"B..but you said you are always free for me," Jungkook replied, his voice low, unknowingly sulking like a baby.

"I was going to call you shortly, baby. I miss you," Van's words softened Jungkook's heart.

"Oh, I see," Jungkook smiled and lay down on the couch.

"What's up with your dry reply today, baby? Had a bad day? Are you okay?" Van inquired, concern evident in his voice.

"I didn't have a bad day," Jungkook replied. "I'm just disappointed."

"With what?" Van asked.

"Today I went to at least 10 libraries and 20 bookstores just to find a particular novel and guess what?" Jungkook's voice carried a tinge of frustration.

"It's sold out and not available in the whole country. Now tell me, what am I supposed to do? I wanted to read it so badly. At least one volume of the series? But no. I'm not lucky enough, I guess," he sighed deeply.

"Can you tell me the name of the novel?" Van asked.

"Why? It's not like you can buy it or something, like I told you, it's not available and the cost is high as well," Jungkook pouted.