Chapter 5.2 Owen's Collection: The Dragon's Curse - Spiri Raia's an Otome Game!?

Voice: What the heck's with the title!?

Azhure: You'll see.

---

Manegia

Year 1421

"Pardon me, granddaughter," Allister said calmly. "But what even is this I am looking at!?"

In the fire chamber, a laptop was put on the low table over the edge so everyone in the sofas could see the screen albeit in an awkward position. The screen was showing the title screen of a video game. It was a visual novel, an otome game as a bunch of pretty boys were plastered in the background

However, they weren't booting this up for no reason. On that screen front and center was the heroine of this game who looked exactly like Alicia's cousin, Maria, if she was an anime character, with a greater light spirit candidate beside her. Even more damning were Layla and Neptune being in the background as well as Maria's parents and other people they knew. But they didn't need to know that when the title said it all.

Spirit Kingdom.

"It is an otome game, grandfather," Maria answered, dragging the cursor around. "A kind of video game where you play through a story and date one of these capture targets on the screen."

"I can see that," Allister nodded, rubbing his chin. "But why is your face there?"

"And why are our faces there as well?" Layla added, pointing out the background characters that were them.

"Yeah!" Neptune chimed in, practically doing a backflip for no reason.

"I do not know," Maria shook her head. "That is why my friend gave me this. She found this game having my face on it and even the protagonist has my name."

"So is this why you suddenly want to return home, dear?" Maria's father, Albert, inquired. "To fetch this?"

"Yes, father," Maria nodded, eyeing the screen. "When you told me about your original world, it felt like I have known it before. After you were done, I finally remembered it was from this game."

"But how is this possible?" Maria's mother, Elaine, gasped, looking at the title screen in detail. "It even has your looks when you were still in high school, your hair was shorter back then."

"Is this the Storykeeper's doing?" Aqua mumbled, eyeing a certain greater spirit in the background.

"Yes, this is the Storykeeper's doing," Rose nodded while sipping her tea before placing it in its saucer.

"Well, now I know how it feels to have one about my world," the greater spirit mused with a wry smile.

A lot had happened after encountering the cursed spirits like Owen's father calming down his troops. After sorting out the mess, Aqua called for a meeting with the other greater spirits. As it would take days for the summit to happen despite the emergency, they decided there was no excuse to drag Joshua back to Manegia.

Since Aqua carried the 'origin' of the water spirit's Fantasy Law, Layla and Neptune could also come. After a much tearful reunion, Maria then opened her laptop she brought back from Kaomagi Earth and showed them this.

"Storykeeper?" Alicia muttered the name.

"Uhn? Who's that?" Rin tilted her head.

"A Wanderer," Rose answered, patting her knees, sitting in her wheelchair. "Just like Timeless Hero."

"A Wanderer?" Alicia blinked, not expecting Rose to say that.

"What kind of name is Timeless Hero?" Maria asked otherwise.