Memory 4 Owen's Collection: To the Freezing of Mount Vulgis

Azhure: College exams are coming up.

Voice: Stay tuned again! But seriously, Azhure! You've only published twice after the last hiatus!

---

Manegia

Year 1418

"Catherine's dead," Zekie, the Lightning Guardian, answered with a lumped throat. His gloved hands pressed against the desk with holograms to support him. "Sacrificed herself to save Alice."

"No..." Rose closed her eyes sorrowfully. "She was so young too..."

"Dammit," William cursed, palming his head in frustration with one hand and clenching the edge of another desk with the other. "Just as she helped me open up, she..."

Owen winced in metaphorical pain at the loss of his Guardian, hanging his head low. "How long until she gets out of there?" he asked the operators.

"Right about now, sir." One of the operators answered.

PIING

The rainbow light died down in the dark Transporter Room. On the wooden-looking transfer circle lay a little girl not even double digits in age with platinum blonde hair wearing a white and blue dress for winter. However, that white and blue dress had its chest area in red.

Blood red.

"Alice..." Owen voiced in a concerned tone.

The little girl, Alice, opened her eyes. She lifted herself up and looked around her surroundings all the while tears fell from her eyes.

"Owen..." she muttered. "Where is my mother...?"

---

"What's going on with Alice?" Owen asked as Gabriel, the Life Guardian, stepped out of the infirmary, pulling the strands of his long blonde hair that were over his shoulders behind him.

"Is she okay?" Rose asked in concern.

"I will be blunt, princess Alice is the new Ice Guardian," Gabriel stated without a shred of doubt. "The scans confirmed it."

"How the hell did that happen?" William quipped, pushing himself from the wall he leaned on.

"Is it whatever Catherine did to save her?" Zekie inquired.

After transferring her out of Kaomagi, Alice was immediately brought to the infirmary to be tended to her needs, what with the glaring chest wound. However, as Gabriel was checking up on her, a rather sharp item from the cabinet fell off from being too close to the edge and almost hit the young girl if not for the Life Guardian's timely intervention... and some healing Orders. Having a gut feeling from the incident, he had her checked on the Maneg Soul scanner which brought them to the situation right now.

"I believe queen Catherine had used an obscure and ancient spell to revive her daughter. It is the only method that I know of from the library in the cathedral," Gabriel explained. Being a pope of a major religion in Kaomagi, he'd have access to vast resources the common man couldn't. "As to how she had known how to cast it we will never know."

"And what is that spell she had used?" Zekie pressed on.

"It is a spell passed down by the late human deity that allows one to save someone from death by transferring their own life force to them," he answered. "A vast oversimplification ignoring the implications, but know that princess Alice is still herself."