Chapter S Mid Collection: Regarding Aqua Becoming the Fire Guardian

Azhure: I'm back and Merry Christmas and have a happy New Year.

Voice: Now here's a big fat lore dump for ya!

Azhure: Hence the titling.

---

Spiri Raia

Year 913

Year 1406 in Manegia

"I can sense the Mother Soul, it should be close by," Ronald narrowed his eyes as he marched through the land of the water spirits once again.

"Yes," Rose Bloodlight, the vampire Fire Court Wizard beside him, confirmed. "I wonder who our new Master will be?"

It was one loss to the next. The fifth generation of Court Wizards had a good run, but it's now coming to an end starting with the Earth Guardian's death five years ago. The Earth Guardian was replaced by Xiao Yong Gang, a kid from the Eastern Dynasty - there's always one Guardian from the Four Nations of Manegia. From then, the rest of the Guardians slowly died one by one from old age.

Today's no different. A few weeks ago, just the year before, Gertrude died peacefully with the Fire Court Wizards at her side. At the turn of the new year, they all sensed the Mother Soul of Fire had picked her next host.

To ensure that there's no trouble in recruiting the new Guardian, the Mother Soul always find a host in worlds Court Wizards had already encountered before and sent a [Telepathy] which world it had gone into to her Court Wizards. And the Fire Mother Soul happened to pick Spiri Raia, the site of the last operation before the start of the sixth generation.

That was why Ronald was here again because he was familiar with these lands - his first mission was even in this world. Joshua would have come too for the same reason despite being an Ice Court Wizard, but recent events before Gertrude's passing prevented him from going, so Rose came instead, being the most experienced Court Wizard still showing up for work since the fourth generation.

"But I wonder why we're picking the signature in the middle of nowhere," Ronald said, feeling there might be something wrong in the crossroads of the Kirash kingdom, the location of the signature.

A lot has changed since Ronald and Joshua saved the Illyers all those years ago. For one, there was a literal ocean splitting the two nations of the water territory. Technically, it's an oversized pond, but that didn't stop people here from calling it the 'great sea'. It was his and Joshua's idea to the greater water spirit as the last-ditch effort to prevent prince Van from having his war with the Fichs seeing the countries of the water territory don't have warships, ironically.

Speaking of prince Van, he did become king, so it should be king Van, but his throne was shaky at best. Ever since the greater water spirit denounced Van, he spent most of his reign trying to keep his power. Many of his allies were afraid to work with him fearing the greater spirit's wrath. It's only because Van had laid out a solid foundation there wasn't an open rebellion.

Even so, the Court Wizards were able to manipulate behind the scenes to get a Bell Conglomerate-aligned (or was it Otherworldly Court-aligned?) magistrate to take over Illyer's former territory as promised to the Illyers. The Bell Branch so far was also doing pretty good, albeit stuck in its territory and have to rely on traveling merchants for information.