Chapter 8.5 Ronald's Collection: Why They Cannot Return - The Great Sea

Azhure: College is getting hard and I decided to finish this chapter in one go, though there will be an interlude for this chapter after this.

---

Manegia

Year 1421

"Ah yes, I recall Aqua doing that," Rose cupped her cheek, holding her cup of tea with her other hand.

"It is still absurd how you agreed to do that, Aqua," Jill said while shaking her head.

"True, how did my father and Owen's father manage to convince you to split the countries with an ocean, Aqua?" Alicia asked.

"Oh, that?" Aqua perked her eyebrows. "It is a long story."

---

"I will miss you, Layla," Irene sobbed, embracing her life partner one last time.

"Uuh... Lady Irene!" Layla, the greater spirit candidate, cried as her namer let her go and stepped back from the transfer circle.

"Alright then," Isaac, the Ice Guardian, confirmed. Being his responsibility, he decided to come to talk with the greater water spirit. "Let us go."

"Yes sir," one of the Transporter Room operators, John, then started the transfer.

PIING

With the circle lighting up, surrounding Ronald, Joshua, Isaac, Layla, Allister the duke of Illyer, and Neptune the intermediate spirit Allister named whose farewell shall be done soon, Layla gave one final shout.

"I promise, lady Irene, that I will keep moving forward even if you're no longer with me! I will cherish the (your) name you gave me and make it great (never be forgotten)! Even if you won't be there to see it, I will make you proud!"

---

PIING

Spiri Raia

Year 905

Year 1398 in Manegia

There was a middle-aged-looking woman with long-wavy hair wearing a roman toga despite having a greek name, all radiating blue along with her skin and the spherical liquids floating around her floating on a lonely dirt patch. As luck would have it, she was the same greater water spirit Ronald's father's group met in this very place, where Ronald and Joshua also met a year ago, receiving her sigil.

The greater water spirit, Aquarius, immediately shifted her focus to the same spot where she had once fought the group of Court Wizards to a standstill holding back decades ago. "All of you are!?" she widened her eyes.

"Lady Aquarius!" Layla shouted. "We're alive! We all are!"

"Yeah! Yeah!" Neptune nodded furiously.

"Yes, lady Aquarius." Allister, the duke of Illyer, calmly responded, stepping forward with a respectful bow. "The Court Wizard had saved us from the burning mansion and has sheltered us in their world ever since. Forgive us for not informing you of this," since the Court Wizards had told him they haven't told Aquarius about it. "They will explain," and thus letting the Court Wizards explain themselves.