Chapter 3 Interlude Ronald's Collection: During Breakfast and After

Azhure: Also contains missed opportunities with the Rules of Engagement and the Three Philosophies mentioned in book Alicia.

---

"Where are you from, mister Bell?" Irene asked while slicing bread.

"A faraway land," Ronald swiftly replied. It has been the textbook phrase for Court Wizards whenever someone asked them of their place of origin.

"And where is it, exactly?" Irene inquired further.

"A faraway land," the Bell heir repeated.

"And what faraway land is it?" Irene inquired again, with her tone getting annoyed.

She's not buying it.

Well, we're gonna reveal ourselves anyway. Why not tell her? (Joshua)

It's way too early to tell, they say that people are more willing to listen more open-mindedly after a good meal.

Although the Illyers were the ones who needed the support, what they wanted was the Bell Conglomerate, not the Otherworldly Court Ronald and Joshua were offering.

Though the Illyers were certainly desperate for help, anything offensive or bad impressions to the Illyers beforehand could hurt their chances for cooperation given the nature of the Otherworldly Court.

Specifically, whether they will believe the Otherworldly Court with its altruistic goals and the existence of other worlds.

"Remember, boys. Given your track record, any foolish acts could make you a sorry excuse of con-men and jeopardize the entire operation, do not make any slight of weakness. Is that clear?"

And Fire Guardian Gertrude made sure to drill it to the boys' heads. Hence the business suits from Kaomagi Earth to provide a bit more legitimacy of what they will reveal to the Illyers and prince.

Right, but you gotta give her something to be satisfied with, for now. (Joshua)

"Is something wrong?" Irene asked for all she saw was Ronald spacing out.

"Nothing wrong, just in my thoughts," Ronald quickly replied. Literally.

"Are you unwilling to divulge due to you, or rather your father's image?" Allister deduced. "We will keep it to ourselves if that comforts you."

"And my curiosity certainly will not leak outside," the prince, Albert, interjected.

Great, they want to know now too. Should we spout some random territory? (Joshua)

And then turn around saying we lied? That'll make us less believable.

Yeah, let's not do that. (Joshua)

Ronald looked at the Illyers and prince, awaiting an answer. Anymore dallying would be rude.

So, with more brain-racking, this was all he could say, "In due time, duke Illyer. In due time."

"...I see," Allister nodded. "I will be patient."

"Sure," Albert relented. "As long as you tell us."

That worked!? (Joshua)

Well, they're the ones who needed allies. So they're also trying not to offend us.

---

CHOP SLICE CHOP

"Your table manners are good," Irene praised as she watched Ronald gracefully cut his breakfast with his eating utensils. "You too, mister Ruze," she further praised, looking over to the tall young man.