Chapter 1 Owen's Collection: After Five Years, a Lead

Azhure: Got a lot of college projects. Anyway, enjoy.

---

Manegia

Year 1421

Name: Joshua Ruze

Age: 47

Sex: Male

Species: Human

World: Kaomagi Earth

Element: Ice

Element Color: Light Blue

Cherished Armament: Emilia's Left Dagger (dagger)

Rank: Grand Wizard

"Is this real?" Ronald muttered in disbelief, supporting himself on the desk. He looked to John, the oldest west Transporter Room operator. "Is Joshua truly in Spiri Raia?" he pressed, pointing at the screen.

"Yes, Ronald," the old operator nodded his head. "It's not an error, Joshua's signature is found in Spiri Raia."

"Dad..." Owen muttered.

It was mere days after Alicia had made her decision, and just as Alicia and Owen were about to enjoy summer break, the dimly lit circular Transporter Room had called them, dropping the bombshell that it had found Owen's father. They had dropped everything and transferred back to the Otherworldly Court along with Alicia's father after he had caught wind of this.

"Is that so?" Ronald said in a hopeful tone. "Then where exactly did you find him?"

"Here," John pointed at the map of Spiri Raia. "In Kirash."

"Kirash? That is where mother is from, correct?" Alicia asked.

"Yes. It is," Ronald looked back to his daughter. "Hm, to think Joshua's right under our noses. If it isn't fate, then it must be a cruel joke, having us in a wild goose chase."

"Hey! Aqua's in charge of the place, right!? How come she didn't get a peep of him!?"

At Voice's close-enough accurate remark, it got everyone's thinking to high gear again. "Is Aqua in the chamber?" Ronald asked.

"No," John shook his head. "She's in Spiri Raia since yesterday - transferred from the east wing."

"Hm," Ronald scratched his chin. Looking to the operator, "how did you pick up his signature, again?"

"We detected large volumes of ice maneg acting out on Joshua's Orders," the operator reported. "...Along with a high number of humans dying en masse."

"""..!"""

That fact almost went forgotten in the prospect of Joshua being found. Now, they were reminded of the awful implication that arose from this information. Joshua not asking for a transfer when the monitors clearly showed he can give Orders did little to dispel suspicion.

"Impossible," Ronald immediately shook his head. "Joshua wouldn't do that." He turned back to see his daughter and Owen. "There's a reason we both agreed to prohibit you two from killing," he said, but with sad eyes to Owen, "but I suppose that couldn't last forever."

"..!"

Owen and Alicia, meanwhile, can only look dejected.

"I'm fine. It's just, this makes the first time I killed."