Memory's

After telling Dracul to stay I went back to bed. With one of my enemy's alleys hanging around my pack, I feared for my family's safety. All they had to do was track his scent and bam, were dead dogs. But then again if Dracul went back to his pack, he would of been killed anyway. His mother wanted nothing of him. That much was clear without demonstration. I didn't know what to do once again, and felt restless the entire night. Eventually I drifted into an uneasy sleep.

I was lonely, and worried about my family and why they hadn't returned. I sniffed around for the scent's of my family, as I padded through the grassy, leaf covered ground of my forest home. I was so young every little sound scared me, so much so I jumped at the slightest thing. I continued creeping, slowly sniffing the air as I looked for my family. I hoped that they would return home soon. I felt like I had waited years. I stopped as I caught a scent of my older brother, Instantly I put my nose to the ground, following the scent until I found him. The scent was abnormally strong, like he had been dragged instead of just walked. His scent was all over the ground in one very strong path. I finally caught the scent I was looking for, at last Ill be with my family again. Ill just stick with my brother until he returns home. I was trotting quite happily following the scent, when I heard growls, barks and whimpers not far ahead of me. Scared to a statue I peeped through the undergrowth and saw my family being captured. Nothing could describe that scene. The growls, the barks, the noise, and then the whimpers. My family were being hurt. I was so terrified. I wanted to help but I knew I was powerless against humans. I saw my mother, lying on the ground. She looked dead, not moving and being dragged into a wooden box. My brother was pinned to the ground and my father the same. My two sisters about to suffer the same fate as my mother as the guns were pointed towards them. The loudest bangs I had ever heard entered my ears as the darts hit their sides. I looked back to where my father was struggling and looked straight into his eyes. They looked so frightened, I had never seen my father so scared, he was always so strong. The tears in his eyes told me he regretted me seeing their capture and also told me I was probably never going to see them emerald green eyes again. The image started to blur as I stared into them eyes...

"Crystal! Crystal wake up!" I was startled as I woke from my nightmare. The memory's had started to get more frequent. I was breathing deeply as I realized I was crying. I felt like I had been howling, my throat was dry. "Hey are you ok? You were whimpering and you wouldn't stop moving." My sister Carly asked me, her three cubs peeping around from behind her with inquisitive looks on their faces. "Is aunt Crystal ok mummy?" Tilly asked. "Im alright Tilly." I smiled as I swallowed. Carly looked worried, "Are you sure? What were you dreaming?" She questioned still standing over me. "Just a nightmare. Ill be fine." I said as turned to sleep once more, not that I was going to anyway.