Deleted Scene - Daylight

BRUH I WAS SUPPOSED TO PUBLISH THIS MONTHS AGO I AM SO SORRY

okok so as the title says this is a teeny tiny fluffy deleted scene. please enjoy :)

Harry headed down from the boys' dorm hours later after another dream had woken him. He walked into the common room to find a furious Ash nearly in tears, muttering as she wrote in a journal.

"Ash?" He called out, causing her to jump.

When she realized it was Harry she slumped, clutching her chest. "Oh, hi. You scared me."

"Sorry."

"It's fine. Can't sleep either?"

Harry shook his head. "Are you okay?"

She shrugged.

"Okay..." Harry had no idea what to do. "Er... so, what're you writing?"

Ash slammed her journal shut.

"Nothing," she said sharply. "It's fine. I'm fine."

Surprised by her tone, Harry wondered if he should go back up to the dorm. She probably needed space. "Okay, well —"

"Sorry," Ash said quickly, her face softening. "It's just — there's a lot going on."

"No kidding," Harry said dryly. He gestured at the spot next to Ash on the couch. "D'you mind if I —"

"Oh, no, go ahead," Ash replied. "Sorry, I'm not trying to gatekeep the Common Room."

Harry headed over to the couch. "Er... so I'm not Hermione."

Ash raised her eyebrows, a small grin on her face. "No, really? I had no clue."

"Shut up," Harry rolled his eyes, though he couldn't keep himself from grinning as well. "I'm not Hermione, so if it's about Luke and feelings and stuff, I probably won't have any good advice, but... I can listen. If you wanted to talk about it."

Ash sighed. "You're the best, Harry."

Harry tried not to get flustered, because that would only make Ash tease him, which would make him even more flustered. It was almost impossible, though, with the way her hair seemed to glow in the small flames of the fireplace and the fond smile she was giving him.

"Nothing's really wrong with Luke, I'm just... I'm worried about him."

Did Harry suddenly acquire Ash's abilities to detect lies, or was it that obvious? "Are you sure that's all?"

Ash frowned at her lap. "I — well — it's a lot."

He was getting nowhere with this. Should he continue to push, or would that only make her more upset? He should really leave this stuff to Hermione; she was so much better at it. He decided to go for a different tactic. "Do you want a hug?"

Ash hesitated, then nodded and let herself slump into Harry, her head falling against his chest. Harry wasn't sure it that was comfortable for her, but he wrapped his arms around her.

"All of this is so stupid," Ash muttered.

"Yeah, it is," Harry agreed. "Sometimes I just want to run away from all of this."

Ash giggled a bit. "I think you tried once, didn't you? At Grimmauld Place? And then I walked in and caught you, remember?"

Harry winced. Yes, he remembered that night and his utterly stupid confession all too well.

"I don't blame you, though," Ash said, sighing. "I wish I could run away, too."

"But the thing is, where would we go?" Harry asked. "I don't want to go back to Privet Drive, and I can't imagine you'd want to go to Grimmauld Place or even Camp Half-Blood right now."

"What about Bora-Bora?" Ash suggested, then burst into a fresh round of giggles.

"I should've figured that would come back to haunt me," Harry said, rolling his eyes again. In his defense, he'd been put on the spot. He had no idea what else to say. "It would be nice to go, though — I bet it's a lot warmer there than it is here."

"Yeah."

There was a long silence following that, and while it wasn't necessarily uncomfortable, Harry kept wondering if he should say anything.

Ash finally spoke again. "Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"Um... if you knew someone was going to die... someone close to you... but you didn't know how to stop it, or if it was even possible... what would you do?"

Harry frowned. "Is someone going to die? Did you see it in your visions?"

"What would you do?" Ash repeated.

Who was going to die? And how did Ash know this? She'd mentioned that her visions had stopped, but could they be starting up again? Was Ash herself going to die? Harry didn't know what he'd do if that happened.

"I'd do whatever I could to save them," Harry said.

Ash nodded. There was another shorter silence, then she said, "I'm so tired."

"You can fall asleep here," Harry said. "I don't mind."

"Yeah," Ash mumbled. "I'll just... close my eyes for a second..."

As she dozed off, Harry brushed a few strands of hair out of her face. He now had more questions than answers from her. He wanted to help her, but he had no idea how.

Harry sighed and laid his head back. He'd worry about that tomorrow.

Aww so cuteeee 😍 now kiss 😡

Enjoy and comment for more!

~~~~ Kingfisher ~~~~