Ye Olde Haunted Stuff - Haunted

Ok so I'm publishing this because I gave up on trying to push any chapters out today and this is going to make me feel at least a little better lmao

So basically this chapter is just going to be notes and a rough draft of the original plot for Haunted, transcribed exactly as they were written by 14-Year-Old Me plus commentary from Present-Day Me, which will be in underlined italics text. The picture above is from the notebook I wrote the original plot in. I tried to draw Rebecca but even in 2019 (I know, it's from that long ago) I was a pretty crappy artist.

Also Haunted was not originally going to be called Haunted! My original title was "The Forge and the Jewel" and I am so glad that I had the sense to change it bc "The Forge and the Jewel" sucks.

Btw how's my handwriting in the pic? Everyone says it's really neat but I think it's messy af lmao

And the text scanner thingy that I used to scan this into the google doc also seems to think so. Because I wrote "They steered the Princess Andromeda the day Beckendorf and Percy attacked" and the scanner thought I'd written "a feelings neu steered inoromedo the day Beckendorf nd Percy attacked 汁" Yes, including that Japanese character that, according to Google Translate, means "juice." I'm telling you, I can't make this shit up.

Anyway enough of this, let's get onto the notes!

Plans for The Forge and the Jewel

I seriously hate this title lmao

Backstory: I'm just gonna break this up for each book because this is seriously a big ass paragraph and 14-year-old me didn't understand the concept of convenient formatting

Born in '38 (I have no idea if this is even accurate to the PJO timeline), parents are Maria di Angelo and Hades. When her mother died in an explosion, Hades took Rebecca and her siblings Nico and Bianca to the Lotus Hotel, where they stayed for about 65 years, never aging.

She was brought to a military school in Maine, where she was discovered by Grover Underwood. Grover contacted Percy Jackson, Thalia Grace, and Annabeth Chase. They take the siblings to camp Half Blood. Bianca be comes a Hunter of Artemis. Rebecca joins Thalia, Percy, Zoe Nightshade, Bianca, and Graver to save Annabeth from Atlas. Bianca died on the way, and after that Rebecca was approached by Luke Castellan, who had not yet been possessed by Kronos. He told her he could help her avenge Bianca and handed her a ring with a scythe charm, telling her to tap the charm when she was ready. Upon returning to Camp Half-Blood and telling Nico what had become of Bianca, Rebecca realized that she was a daughter of Hades. She left camp with Nico.

She tried to help Nico bring Bianca back but failed. Angry at the gods, she tapped the scythe charm on her ring. Luke was pleased to accept her into Kronos' army. She quickly rose to the rank of major and commanded all of the demigods in his army became close with her partner, Nathaniel Flynn (Lmaoooo ew I'm glad I changed it to Nathan Westbay), son of Hermes and Luke's brother. They developed romantic feelings and became a powerful couple (yeah I changed this too bc I decided that Rebecca would be too busy avenging Bianca to have a boyfriend ya know?)

They steered the Princess Andromeda the day Beckendorf + Percy attacked it. Rebecca killed Beckendorf (When I scanned this in from my phone to the Google Doc it wrote Beckendorf as Beekenderf IM CRYING LMFAOOOOOOOOOO) herself, believing she'd finally begun to have her revenge on Hephaestus. In doing so, she showed Percy her loyalty to Kronos. However, Nathaniel had been terrified of Rebecca's power (yes, in the og version Rebecca was still the Heart-Crusher, though I didn't think of that badass nickname until later) and told her so. They arranged to run away from Kronos' army and hide until the war was over. However, Kronos discovered them and forced Rebecca to kill Nathaniel (Nate didn't get blown up in the original as you can see) She publicly renounced Kronos and joined the gods' side. They wouldn't have won without her, but everyone still considers her a traitor.