False God Prologue

Here's the prologue of my Loki x OC fic that I plan to publish after I finish Anti-Hero or Daylight, whichever comes first. The pic is obviously the cover that I made screeeeeee

enjoy~~~~

They all knew she despised the idea of marriage, but they never thought she'd actually run from it.

It was no lie that the princess was rebellious, but blatant disobedience of this level was completely unheard of. The unexpected scandal, word of the runaway bride, would haunt the memories of all who witnessed it forever.

Loki watched silently as his father spoke with Heimdall. He was still in his ceremonial wedding armor. That's how raw the shock was. He sensed his brother Thor sidle up beside him, but neither of them spoke, preferring to listen into Odin's conversation with Asgard's gatekeeper.

"... no sign of the Princess Calybrid, sire," Heimdall was saying.

"And you cannot see her?"

"No. She hides herself with powerful magic. If I may ask, sire, how did you fail to notice Her Highness' absence for so long?"

"A changeling, if you'll believe it. The girl's enchantment was so powerful that not one soul noticed it until halfway through the ceremony. But Loki discovered that there was one flaw, one difference, between the princess and her changeling: The eyes were the wrong color."

Thor finally spoke up, muttering quietly, "A shame you didn't notice until it was too late."

"It wouldn't have made any difference," Loki replied softly. He took great care that his voice betrayed none of the raging emotions in his mind. "Her maids confessed that she left late last night."

He glanced over at the changeling's body, still laying where it had been slain by Thor's sword. The wedding dress, once a radiant white, would be stained red forever. Her glassy, lifeless eyes stared at the high ceilings of the great hall, the corner of her mouth turned up in an eerily taunting smirk. He turned away from the changeling; he knew it wasn't really Calybrid, but it still disturbed him to see his love's almost exact likeness lying dead on the ground.

Why would she do this? He couldn't help but wonder. True, things had gone a bit south prior to the wedding, but Calybrid had shown no intent to flee. Had it been an overnight decision? Had she decided right before the wedding, or had her mind been made up the minute Odin revealed the true reasons behind his intent to wed her to Loki? It was probably the latter -- a changeling this well-made must've taken time, time that Loki wouldn't have given her if he'd just swallowed his pride.

He could've convinced her to stay if he'd known what she was planning. He was known for his silver tongue. But what was the use of having it when he couldn't use it when he needed it most?

Sighing deeply, he began walking away. Thor, completely unaware of his inner turmoil, trailed after him.

"The changeling wasn't meant to be a diversion," Loki continued as they walked past Odin and Heimdall and out of the great hall. "It was meant to be a replacement. Calybrid put much time and effort into it. She meant for us to never notice. She meant for me to marry the changeling and go on living without her while she hid from us."

"Then it is a good thing you caught the deception when you did, brother!" Thor said. "Imagine the scandal that would follow if you'd married her before she was found out!"

Loki hummed in agreement. "I'm sure Calybrid would delight in the chaos she caused. If she were still here to see it, that is."

Voices erupted from the great hall behind them. Loki heard his father's voice clashing with Calybrid's mother, Fae Queen Helga's, both growing louder with each word. Odin seemed to be blaming the Fae Queen for neglecting her daughter; the queen retorted that nobody truly thought she'd leave and it was Odin and Heimdall's fault for their subpar surveillance.

"Where do you think she's gone?" Thor asked, leading them farther away from the great hall. The arguing monarchs' voices grew quieter with each step away from them.

"I haven't the foggiest," Loki admitted. "She never spoke about leaving. If Heimdall doesn't know, the no one could find out unless they look for her. And that could take centuries."

"Could she have returned home, to Alfheim?"

"Perhaps if she was a fool. But she is the farthest thing from a fool. No, she wouldn't have gone back to Alfheim. She simply has to know that her mother would drag her kicking and screaming to the altar if she had to." Loki sighed, gazing out the window at Asgard's towering skyline. He couldn't help thinking of the growing distance between him and the Fae Princess. He doubted he would ever see her again. "No... She's put too much time and effort into taking her freedom. She won't waste it now."

Screeeeeeeeeeee I'm proud of this one I love Calybrid sm

I do need a little bit of help finding a good faceclaim tho, I'm looking for a redhead. I'm debating between Freya Ridings and Miss Queen in the North, Sophie Turner. What do you guys think 👀

Enjoy and comment for more!!!!

~~~~ Kingfisher ~~~~