“Yeah.” Rick says

Rick runs in, hitting Merle over the head with a pipe. He handcuffs Merle to a pipe and Rick stands there, protecting T-Dog and Andrea.

"Who the hell are you, man?" Merle tries to ask as he's handcuffed.

Archie yells, "Dad!" He's in shock at what just happened, seeing his own father being handcuffed.

"Officer friendly," Rick replies, looking down at Merle, "Things are different now. There are no more 'n-words' or dumb-as-shit, inbred white-trash fools. Only dark meat and white meat. There's us and the dead. We survive this by pulling together, not apart."
"Screw you, man," Merle says, not seeming to care about Rick's words.

"Hey, help me! You're my son, ain't ya?" Merle yells, desperate for Archie's help.

"Uncuff my dad..." Archie holds a gun to his head, but the new guy isn't afraid. The new guy grabs Archie's gun and pulls him forward, making him fall. Rick pushes the gun away and cuffs Archie to the same metal pipe as Merle.

"I see it runs in the family," Rick says, looking at the two of them handcuffed together.

"You dumbass, you should've shot him," Merle yells at Archie, angry that his son didn't take the shot.

"Fuck off," Archie replies, still in shock.

"Ought to be polite to a man with a gun," Rick says as he cocks his gun.

"Only common sense," he adds, his voice serious.

"You wouldn't. You're a cop," Merle replies, clearly not believing that Rick would actually shoot him.
"What are you gonna do? Arrest me?" Merle says, seemingly unafraid.

Archie stays quiet, unsure of what to do.

Merle laughs, obviously finding the situation humorous.

Rick starts going through Merle's pockets and pulls out a bag of drugs, which he throws off the ledge.

"Hey! What are you doing? Man, that was my stuff!" Merle yells, now worried that Rick has thrown away his drugs.

"If I get loose, you'd better pray... Yeah, you hear me, you pig? You hear me?!" Merle continues, his voice getting louder and more frantic.

"Yeah, your voice carries..." Rick says, not seeming to care what Merle says.

"Do you hear me, you filthy pig?!" Merle continues to yell, seemingly getting more and more angry.

"Shut up, dad," Archie says, not wanting the situation to get more out of control than it already is.

"How's that signal?" Morales asks T-Dog.

"Like Dixon's brain... Weak," T-Dog responds, still looking frustrated.

"Hay" Archie yells to get everyone's attention.

"Keep trying," Morales tells him, trying to stay positive.

"Why? There's nothing they can do. Not a damn thing," Andrea says, sounding defeated.

"Got some people outside the city is all. There's no refugee center. That's a pipe dream," Morales replies, still trying to keep the hope alive.

"Then, she's right, we're on our own. It's up to us to find a way out," Rick replies, feeling the weight of the situation.

"Good luck with that. These streets ain't safe in this part of town from what I hear. Ain't that right, sugar tits” Merle says

Archie cuts his father off, "Dad, just stop it."