chapter fifteen

TW - this chapter contains sexual assault.

Kentucky State Fairgrounds. One of my favorite places on earth.

Me, Angel, Hayden, and Sky have been in line for the ferris wheel for twelve minutes.

"Come on, I want another one." Sky drags Hayden by the arm. We had just eaten chili cheese dogs before we came in line. Then again, why am I surprised? She is Sky after all.

My head is rested on Angel's shoulder as she types away on her phone.

"You still hungry too?" She asked.

"No." I laughed. "It's way too beautiful to throw up on the ride."

It's past eight and the sky is casting an orange hue.

"I got a ride for you right here, baby girl." A guy wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me off of Angel. He reeked of cigarettes.

"Don't fucking touch me." I shove him off.

"Easy, I'm just trying to be nice. You don't have to be such a bitch."

"No, you weren't! You were being a chauvinistic pig!"

"Do you know how many girls would kill for a chance to get with this?"

"I can only assume the ones in your dreams."

"Are you always this uptight?"

"I am not up-" I get interrupted when Angel taps his shoulder.

"Wha-" She knees him in his groin, making him buckle his knees.

"Think twice before you touch my girlfriend again."

His jaw clenches and he walks toward Angel. "You little bitch!"

Oh, hell no.

I step in front of him and clench a fist, sending it to his cheek. "Touch her and see what happens."

"Stay out of this, little girl."

"Quién es el que acaba de ser golpeado por una niña, maldito imbécil?" I clench my fist, about to swing on him again.

"What the fuck did you just say?"

"She said get lost." Angel wrapped her hand around my fist. I've been teaching her how to speak Spanish, and she's been doing great, so much so, she can decipher what I'm saying.

The guy rolls his eyes and walks away, not before shoving past my shoulder. Dick.

"You okay, babe?" Angel asked me.

"Yeah, are you?"

She nodded. "I knew that you could handle yourself, but he was really pissing me off."

"Thanks for stepping in when you did. Teenage boys are so gross."

"They're the worst." I kiss her cheek. "I understood what you said to him, by the way, and he really is." She chuckled.

I laugh, wrapping my arms around her waist. "Yeah, well, you're a good student."

"I've got a good teacher." Our lips are mere inches apart when Sky's voice halts our kiss.

"So, they ran out of onion rings."

"Then what took you so long?"

"The line was long. What's up your ass?"

"Some disgusting pervert decided to mess with us."

"Woah, what happened?"

"Everything's okay now. We took care of it."